Quantcast

Stolen paddywagon

giffels

Chimp
Nov 4, 2007
Pics of my Stolen paddywagon, got her down to 28 pounds, light enough for me. even got the trendy 28in wide bars with the 8in rise, feels so much better. also custom bent and cut my own lever, and laced my first wheel, it should be indestructible, triple wall with thick ass spokes.

giffels

Chimp
Nov 4, 2007
its only a bloody 36t, it has a bash guard so it looks bigger than it is. its a 36 12 so it really hauls ass. and if i was going to go smaller i would want a 9t and that is expensive, plus i never hit it on anything so no need to upgrade. i may get a sprocket without the bash guard so its smaller and lighter. the brakes are on the seatstays unlike my old bike so i dont have to worry about clerance.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
stolens are nice, i'm impressed with mine except for the *still* problematic headset.

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
sweet bike.
brown and chrome look classy.

ha it's funny how many people comment on a 36t sprocket.. no one "needs" to run microdrive.
i used to have that macneil; it's great and it lasts forever.

giffels

Chimp
Nov 4, 2007
here are the new pics, you all shamed me into a micro drivetrain
-eastern madusa light 28t
-eastern niner rear wheel 48h 9t
-odyessy plastic pedals

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
haha, nice.... the internet shamed you into it!

I remember when I went way down to the 36t for the first time, it was a T1 sprocket that was so heavy... thought that was TINY compared to the 43t S&M I had on there before too! Couldn't believe it. I remember the chain would rattle off of the top of my 990's on the chainstays when I landed hard.
But now I look at your 36guard and can't believe how big the pizza is. wow.
Lookin' good, real simple.