Quantcast

Stoltz takes XTERRA Richmond

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Conrad Stoltz added another title to his impressive resume with a dominating performance at the 2012 XTERRA East Championships in Richmond, Virginia.</p><p>
</p><p>
Conrad made it all happen during the bike segment with a race best 1:21:00 effort aboard his Specialized S-Works Epic 29er, despite an accidental detour early on. That meant that Conrad had to pass swim leader Craig Evans twice.</p><p>
</p><p>
“On the first lap I caught Craig and then five minutes later I caught him again. Turns out a section had changed since when I went pre-riding and I wasn’t looking at the arrows,” said Conrad. “First lap my head wasn’t in it, I wasn’t focused. So, on the second lap I was paying attention and saw where I went wrong. The second lap I was just flying, it was so smooth and so much fun."</p><p>
</p><p>
The slight lack of focus wasn't costly and Conrad reached the bike-run transition with a very solid lead. From there the Caveman ran to another title almost 3 minutes ahead of runner-up Josiah Middaugh. </p><p>
</p><p>
“I just love Richmond, the course is amazing and really suits me,” added Conrad, who now has won this race seven times. </p><p>
</p><p>
XTERRA East Championships</p><p>
Richmond, VA / June 10, 2012</p><p>
</p><p>
1. Conrad Stoltz (RSA) 2:18:23</p><p>
2. Josiah Middaugh (USA) 2:21:05</p><p>
3. Craig Evans (USA) 2:21:26</p><p>
4. Will Kelsay (USA) 2:23:24</p><p>
5. Branden Rakita (USA) 2:24:53</p>

More...