Quantcast

Stony Creek (MI) Mountain Bike Park Grand Opening – Aug. 17th

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
I'm putting this here and in the freeride area, I'm not too sure how many, of any, Michigan people visit this board.

After quite a few years of designing and approval, the Stony Creek Skillz Park is going to officially open. Opening date will be Sunday August, 17th. We will have the grill out there all day providing food; also we hope to have the sponsor American Cycle and Fitness out there with some demo bikes. We will be setting up around 10 am and riding all day long until 4 pm or longer. Come on out, bring a friend and let?s ride at the Skillz Park at Stony Creek, made possible with a grant from American Cycle and Fitness, hundreds of man hours from the volunteers from the MMBA.org, and the cooperation from the staff at Stony Creek MetroPark

Features and fun you?ll run into out there.

A vid we shot last weekend, the massive pump track, and you are seeing that correctly, neither Matt nor I had to pedal to make it around, along with a small jump line and the Flo.

Double Teeters

Pallet Run

Elevated Teeter

Skinnies

Rock Garden

And a few other things.
All are welcome, there is something out there for everyone, or if you just want to come hang out and watch everyone else ride.

Hope to see ya out there!

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Hmmm...
Are there any dirt jumps?
Just the small slalom line in the video. The DJ lines are coming next year, this year we focused on building the stunts and getting the pump track in. Just trying to get the word out to anyone in the area or who may be in the area in the future.

Thanks

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Just a vid my buddy Matt put together last weekend when we were out there playing. Right now we're laying out a Dual Slalom track and that's about all for this year for work getting done. If you're in the area there will be a big party out there Oct. 25th, free food and drinks sponsered by the MMBA.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Good deal, let me know when you're settled and we'll ride.
Will do. I saw some of your posts over on the mmba site. It's good to know there is such an active club/forum in the area. I was surprised to see there were so many trails in the area. I didn't really know what to expect, but from what I can gather I'm going to be pleased (Besides the whole lack of good DH that is). I'm looking forward getting up there and getting down. Are there any plans to expand Stony Creek this summer? A good duel course would be awesome.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Will do. I saw some of your posts over on the mmba site. It's good to know there is such an active club/forum in the area. I was surprised to see there were so many trails in the area. I didn't really know what to expect, but from what I can gather I'm going to be pleased (Besides the whole lack of good DH that is). I'm looking forward getting up there and getting down. Are there any plans to expand Stony Creek this summer? A good duel course would be awesome.
Yeah the no DH kinda sucks, 4-5 hour drive for lift acess. Plenty of good XC trails in the area, Stony, Bloomer, Pontiac Lake, Addison, Bald Mountain.

Here is the DS propasal we're taking for approval, hopefully we'll be moving dirt shortly.