Quantcast

Stop the Baldy meetings

roberts

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
I think we may have complicated and compromised ourselves with all the meetings and notifications. The guy I talked to said (1) Baldy allows DH bikes on the lifts on weekends and (2) riders can ride basically anywhere on the hill. So without these meetings, we could go ride Baldy.

Now, we may scare them into reconsidering - we've got the forest service on notice, residents, etc.

Remember, possession is 9/10ths of the law. If Baldy sees that they can make $ (& they need less $ and can make $ on far less than Summit), then they will not want to stop DH once started.

So I propose - STOP all the meetings, notifications, etc. and let's go ride when the snow melts. Repeated riding over an area will create trails. Once Baldy is making money is the time to show up w/ the shovels.

roberts

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
I had to bring it up because I know Baldy. THey are a tiny operation that has dealt w/ the Forest Dept. for years. If they are not concerned, then that is good enough for me.

But, I see your point as well. I just don't want Baldy taken before it starts.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I don't how many of you have been to Baldy, it is a lot different than Snow Summit. It looks a lot like Mt. Waterman, which is really, really steep and loose. Waterman was kind of a fun place to ride, but it was something that you would get tired of real quick.

Baldy will be fun if they open up more than just one lift. If they only open one lift, it will limit where we can ride and how many trails can be built...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Roberts, we should probably delete this thread, too...thanks!

MD