Quantcast

Stories involving your parents and your bikes/riding

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was thinking about this yesterday, and I remember one time my parents came up and watched me raced. Later I was sleeping in their hotel room when they lit up cigarettes. The smoke really bothered me because I was still recovering from the race, but I was so tired, I didn't want to wake up to tell them to put it out!

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
WOW that sucks mine is a little more happy...when we use to live in LA about 2 saturdays a month pops and i would go for what seemed at the time like some pretty epic rides (10-15miles). We would cruise down to the strand in El Segundo and then head up to Marina Del Ray and then cruise back home. This was especially nice once the weather got warm and the bikinis came out. I think I had just gotten my first MTNBike...a steel Murray with crappy ass LeeChi components. I think that pig weighed like 45 pounds.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
my mom wont watch mountain cross because it scares her to much. She dosnt mind downhill because she only watches the finish, not the scary parts of the course.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
During the summer and nicer months when I am home from school I often ride with my father on Sunday mornings. We usually do about 10-15 miles in a couple of hours and its nice to get him out and pedalling since he enjoys bike riding. Unfortunately he doesn't do much mountain biking, but occasionally he and I get out and ride some smooth doubletrack.