Quantcast

Storm's a 'comin

Jun 18, 2004
:devil: Damn... flippin' over from 7 night shifts in a row, physical therapy, and trying to catch up w/my 'peeps had me miss riding today... weather supposed to get snotty soon... only good thing is 4" tonight and 18" tomorrow at the passes... hmm 9 and 4 and 18 makes for a 31" projected base... snowboardin' next week? (maybe)... I seem to end up riding in the mud allot... Galbraith is a mudfest :evil:

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Oh yeah........snowboarding. I hope your right with the projected inches of the white stuff. I'm itchin and ready to go. Just think, we could be boardin the following weekend!!! :thumb: I think I want to purchase a rock board for early season. Anyone got something used? 155-157

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
:blah: Winter sports!!!!! :think: All outdoor sports are good! Especially mtn. biking and snowboarding. They compliment one another. It's even fun to bike when some snow has fallen.

Aug 27, 2004
I agree with radjockette all the way...all outdoor sports are good but really...you can'tcompare with snowboarding and mountain biking!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Meh - I'm heading south for the sunshine in a month ....:D mmm...sunshine, dirt, rocks...what more could a girl ask for? Oh ya! sleepin outdoors....cookin on a campstove...mmmmmmhmmm :D

radjockette said:
I remember seeing that pic. I bet it's scary looking down from up top. Looks like more than 15'; that's totally sick!!!!!!
Yeah that's on his other trail. He said he's building a new trail, with the 15ft step down, I can't wait to check it next time I'm in that neck of the woods. Gotta build up a new DH rig first though, probably won't happen till next spring unless I skip snowboard season, which isn't going to happen.

Jun 18, 2004
NineFingers said:
Yeah that's on his other trail. He said he's building a new trail, with the 15ft step down, I can't wait to check it next time I'm in that neck of the woods. Gotta build up a new DH rig first though, probably won't happen till next spring unless I skip snowboard season, which isn't going to happen.
I think I ran into that stunt last spring, before it was finished... that area is way outta my league and most likely it's not what I'm thinking of so mums the word... I like bikes best but heck, snowboards havn't sent me to the hospital and I've never had to send one in for waranty 'work'... either way there's nothing like riding my big bike in the woods... I've got my eye on some spots for when I know more about trail building... I can't wait to get my big fork back and put this 6" dj on my ht...

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Jr_Bullit said:
Meh - I'm heading south for the sunshine in a month ....:D mmm...sunshine, dirt, rocks...what more could a girl ask for? Oh ya! sleepin outdoors....cookin on a campstove...mmmmmmhmmm :D
I am heading south too, but right after Thanksgiving. Trouble with the desert for riding is there is too much sand. If there isnt sand the trails can have a lot of baby heads. They have a great race in Tucson in Feb-24 Hours in the Old Pueblo. There is also a pretty decent Century ride in Palm Springs the week before that attracts about 5000 riders. Dont forget to take a road bike!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
:thumb: I am so happy to be living somewhere with a true winter again. I can't WAIT for skate skiing and boarding to start up....next week hopefully.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
the new trail will be mostly djs. I ve been eying this 25ish foot drop. I just happened to run across a place that is all clay so i would imagine by the summmer there should be a shizload of rock hard jumps

Jun 18, 2004
Str8OutaBallard said:
:devil:...weather supposed to get snotty soon... only good thing is 4" tonight and 18" tomorrow at the passes... hmm 9 and 4 and 18 makes for a 31" projected base... snowboardin' next week? (maybe)... I seem to end up riding in the mud allot... Galbraith is a mudfest :evil:
... looks like I jixed it... maybe that's the way for better biking??? ie hope for snow and no precip= better biking
Corporatefailure said:
that will be some time, if i got the right guy it will be next year befor they get it back. :rolleyes:
Hah hah, I called Stu and it's in shipment right now... things are coming together...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Rule #1 for pow-hounds. Don't post forecasts/predictions - it is the kiss of death.:eviltongu
I learned that 2 seasons ago - got all excited when they said snow-levels are dropping, etc. Crappy season was had.
Last season, I didn't even go up once and had zero interest in the pow and, from what I was told, it was a GREAT season.
This season, I'm disinterested of the pow once again. I hope that's a good omen for ya'!:D

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Rule #1 for pow-hounds. Don't post forecasts/predictions - it is the kiss of death.:eviltongu
I learned that 2 seasons ago - got all excited when they said snow-levels are dropping, etc. Crappy season was had.
Last season, I didn't even go up once and had zero interest in the pow and, from what I was told, it was a GREAT season.
This season, I'm disinterested of the pow once again. I hope that's a good omen for ya'!:D
Less Pow Pow turns for you means more for me, sounds like a plan Andy ;)