Quantcast

Straight jackets and great curves (in my mind, at least)

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
These two things are related, sort of, but I had pictures and figured I would share them both at the same time.

First, I picked up an Ogio Straight Jacket on EBay, brand new, to fly my bike with ($50, pretty good score!).

The Tonic broke down nicely inside with plenty of room for a helmet, shoes, clothes, and tools.

The other part of this refers to some work in my backyard. I plan to do heavy trail building after school gets out, but after the wife the gloves were off for how to revamp.

There are still a few things to tweak but you can check out the difference Here.

Basically I built up the hip, made some bigger rollers, a 360 berm and another hip. There are new lines and basically you can do two different laps by hitting obstacles from different directions.

Without video its pointless to explain, but soon enough. Still gotta tweak a few things, but then again I still have a little patch of grass to dig up, too :banana:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
That grass that you dug up is going to grow out of the sides of the rollers like fire. I have been a victim. It doesn't look pretty.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Looks kinda confusing - which is actually a compliment. Seems like there are a lot of options in there. Can't wait to see the vid.

Also, nice bag - $50 is a great buy for that.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Lol, thats funny!

It is thin, but I know guys who are just using duffles and suit bags which offer even less protection. I guess with this sort of bike I'm not to worried about it getting tossed around (and I imagine airlines don't want to wreck peoples precious golf clubs so maybe they will be good to "mine"). I figure I'll work some clothes and buffers around inside. I guess in a couple weeks when I go to CO I'll let you know how the bike fares.

You should definitely pick up a new backyard, those are free (at least the conversion of mine was, but my mortgage payment would probably say otherwise. And to think when I had it re-appraised it actually brought down the value of the house, the soon to be Ex was not pleased about that, but she said I could do it before she decided to walk so that is her problem :-))

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Lol, ya, they are hidden in the bottom. I had to take the tires and tubes off (like I said, with a 20 you would be golden). Somebody I think posted that they got a 26" bike in there as well, which would be crazy tight because of the wheels, but I could see it.