From the gang called "LA County Sherrifs"
When I'm called off, I got a sawed off
Squeeze the trigger, and 120 shots are called off
You too, boy, if ya f*ck with me
The police are gonna hafta come and get me

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/09/compton.shooting/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Deputies to be punished over shooting
More than 120 rounds fired

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- More than a dozen Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies will be disciplined for their roles in a controversial shooting incident in which more than 120 rounds were fired at a vehicle driven by an unarmed suspect, Sheriff Lee Baca announced Thursday.

The 13 deputies will face punishments ranging from written reprimands to 15-day suspensions, Baca said.

During the May 9 incident, a suspect led police on a 12-minute chase through Compton, considered one of the more dangerous cities in Southern California.

The chase ended when officers surrounded the vehicle and opened fire. The driver, 44-year-old Winston Hayes, was hit four times but survived.

One deputy was also wounded, Baca has said, possibly by so-called friendly fire.

Some people who live nearby reported their homes were hit by bullets as well.

Deputies later found that Hayes, who has an arrest record for narcotics and assault, was unarmed.

Baca said the department has changed its policies on firing at moving vehicles, requiring that deputies independently decide whether to shoot, rather than all firing at a single command.

Ten of the deputies involved in the shooting later offered a public apology

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Truckee just hired 75 of these pricks from LA. I can't comprehend how aggressive they are. Already had 4 fatal car chases, one fatal shooting, and several tazerings of people a LITTLE drunk in public. See them run stop signs, harrass young girls, screwing with the locals. I have lived here ten years and up until last year we never saw this kind of thing. Get a few LA cops and all of the sudden they are FINDING crime all over. The way I look at it if you go looking for trouble you WILL find it. But this is Truckee people come here to party, hang out, have fun. Now i can't ride a wheelie down the street without getting stopped. Had one of these asses FULL ON(50mph+ in a 25) chase me down the street for riding a wheelie... NO JOKE. He jump out of his rig screaming "what makes you think you can ride like that your out of control". I told him that I was a pro rider. He just barks back "Yeah sure you are". Only to point out that I am on a 30ftx30ft Northstar at Tahoe billboard that happens to be right at the intersection he stopped me at. Made him look like a complete jackass. Then filed a report on him. Last I heard he got suspended!!!

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
You would think that if he saw a guy on that kind of bike(V-10) riding a wheelie THAT long(AT LEAST a few blocks) that maybe just maybe I MIGHT have control of it a JUST A TAD??? Wanna be Marine to chicken S**T to go to Iraq where they shoot back. Here people don't even run and they want a chase out of it. My wife was shuttling me a few days ago and this cop WAS SO SURE that she was about to roll a stop sign that he slammed on his brakes and the car behind him almost rear-ended his patrol SUV. Waiting for one of these dips to F with some rich guys "little princess" and the fit is going to hit the shan.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
dhtahoe said:
Truckee just hired 75 of these pricks from LA. I can't comprehend how aggressive they are. Already had 4 fatal car chases, one fatal shooting, and several tazerings of people a LITTLE drunk in public. See them run stop signs, harrass young girls, screwing with the locals. I have lived here ten years and up until last year we never saw this kind of thing. Get a few LA cops and all of the sudden they are FINDING crime all over. The way I look at it if you go looking for trouble you WILL find it. But this is Truckee people come here to party, hang out, have fun. Now i can't ride a wheelie down the street without getting stopped. Had one of these asses FULL ON(50mph+ in a 25) chase me down the street for riding a wheelie... NO JOKE. He jump out of his rig screaming "what makes you think you can ride like that your out of control". I told him that I was a pro rider. He just barks back "Yeah sure you are". Only to point out that I am on a 30ftx30ft Northstar at Tahoe billboard that happens to be right at the intersection he stopped me at. Made him look like a complete jackass. Then filed a report on him. Last I heard he got suspended!!!
Reminds me of a story I heard once:

A rabbit hopped into the forest. The CIA, FBI and LAPD were sent in to find it. The CIA interviewed bears and squirrels and recruited birds as informants. After 6 months they determined that the rabbit did not exist. The FBI surrounded the forest, and after a week they simply burned it down. The LAPD went in and 5 minutes later came out holding a badly beaten bear who was screaming, "ok ok I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!"

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
If I was a cop in compton I'd shoot first and ask questions later.
I'd make sure I went home every night. The way I see it is if some scum bag runs from the cops he should get an a$$ beating at the very least.
And I do believe that Compton is one of the most dangerous cities in the entire US, not just So Cal.

We used to street race there all the time in the early 90's. I don't know how I lived through some of that stuff now that I think about it.

dhtahoe, fight the power man! lol But I do see your point of how an ex LAPD cop would be over aggressive in your town. In LA they have to be that way or they would get shot. I bet you get pretty jadded being a cop in any big city.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
spookydave said:
dhtahoe, fight the power man! lol But I do see your point of how an ex LAPD cop would be over aggressive in your town. In LA they have to be that way or they would get shot. I bet you get pretty jadded being a cop in any big city.
Oh so then it's OK to bring that jaded attitude to a small town just because you had to be that way to survive. But since when does riding a bike endanger a cops life... That my friend is my point.

P.S. Yet someone is boby trapping trails and the cops won't do dick UNTIL someone gets hurt. What are they afraid a 60 year old man may shoot back. Hell ya fight the power. Just because the rest of america is too lazy to fight for their rights anymore doesn't mean we all have to.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
not to take the cops side on this one but didnt the dude in the suv try to run the cops down after they had him surrounded? i'm pretty sure thats the video is saw. and WTF is up with 120rounds being fired and only 4 shots hitting their target? 120/4 these guys were point blank.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
The Toninator said:
not to take the cops side on this one but didnt the dude in the suv try to run the cops down after they had him surrounded? i'm pretty sure thats the video is saw. and WTF is up with 120rounds being fired and only 4 shots hitting their target? 120/4 these guys were point blank.
if that was the latin kings from the NW side of town shooting they'd of found 121 holes in the dude.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
The Toninator said:
Yep that was the one. It's funny because about 100 of 120 said rounds were fired at a now STILL target. And still managed to get a few houses, and even a few of each other. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
dhtahoe said:
Oh so then it's OK to bring that jaded attitude to a small town just because you had to be that way to survive. But since when does riding a bike endanger a cops life... That my friend is my point.

P.S. Yet someone is boby trapping trails and the cops won't do dick UNTIL someone gets hurt. What are they afraid a 60 year old man may shoot back. Hell ya fight the power. Just because the rest of america is too lazy to fight for their rights anymore doesn't mean we all have to.
Uhh, I said I see your point.
BTW, cops seem to act after the fact. That's a big beef of mine.
On another note the bank a few blocks away got robbed today. Still a guy in there with hostages. Cops all over the place.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
spookydave said:
Camden must be a wicked bad place then.
Hartford, Conn. is #7. I've never been there but it just sounds so friendly!
Dude, Camden is ghetto. There is a venue there (Tweeter Center at the Waterfront) where I've seen a few shows. Sketchy as hell!!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
dhtahoe said:
Had one of these asses FULL ON(50mph+ in a 25) chase me down the street for riding a wheelie... NO JOKE. He jump out of his rig screaming "what makes you think you can ride like that your out of control". I told him that I was a pro rider. He just barks back "Yeah sure you are". Only to point out that I am on a 30ftx30ft Northstar at Tahoe billboard that happens to be right at the intersection he stopped me at. Made him look like a complete jackass. Then filed a report on him. Last I heard he got suspended!!!
Mods,

Custom title, please: "License to Wheelie."

MD