Quantcast

straightening a bent sram trigger

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
What's the best way to do this? I bent one of my triggers today at the dirt jumps, and now it rubs on the pod (the body of the shifter) and on my grip. I could probably heat it up and bend it back, but I don't want the plastic to end up brittle. I could take my dremmel to it and shave down the corner of the pod (where the "arm" of the trigger rubs) and the top of the trigger (where it rubs on my grips) if bending it is a bad option.

What it should look like:

What it does look like:

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
x 9 is not plastic, it is some crappy alloy, you can bend it back carefully, but I have already broke 2 attempting it. I had it bent back just enough to clear, but gave it "just a little bit more" and snap. Had the sram guys repair it at a national. The first one I tried to pull apart myself and ended up just tossing it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
teamkranzelbike said:
x 9 is not plastic, it is some crappy alloy, you can bend it back carefully, but I have already broke 2 attempting it. I had it bent back just enough to clear, but gave it "just a little bit more" and snap. Had the sram guys repair it at a national. The first one I tried to pull apart myself and ended up just tossing it.
Thanks - I think I got it bent back. A vice, some vice grips, and a little "persuasion" seemed to have done the trick. Once I get everything put back together I'll know for sure... but at this point, things look good.