Quantcast

Straitline or Twenty6 pedals?

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Don't get any pedal where the pin replacement involves it retracting out the back/bottom of the pedal 'deck.' Even though they seem better because you can replace them with an allen key, they end up destroying the threads when you try to back out a pin that is even a little bit less then perfect through a (relatively) soft piece of aluminum.

ESPECIALLY don't do it when that soft piece of aluminum is $265. That price is a joke and punchline all wrapped into one when you think of how cheap you can get some really good pedals for.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Your 'side' bears the burden of proof, follow your own advice.

I should just take your word for it then? Can I refer disbelievers to you when they look at the same glaring evidence that supported my old apparently wrong claim?
"Because the poster on Ridemonkey.com Huck Banzai with the Cheeseburger Avatar said so....what pff that's not a good enough for you? pm Mr/Mrs./Ms Huck B they are sure to win you over with their convincing argument, of because I said so!"

Whatever dude, if you are right that's cool I learned something, but if you don't have anything to say besides "because I said so" than this is pointless.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I should just take your word for it then? Can I refer disbelievers to you when they look at the same glaring evidence that supported my old apparently wrong claim?
"Because the poster on Ridemonkey.com Huck Banzai with the Cheeseburger Avatar said so....what pff that's not a good enough for you? pm Mr/Mrs./Ms Huck B they are sure to win you over with their convincing argument, of because I said so!"

Whatever dude, if you are right that's cool I learned something, but if you don't have anything to say besides "because I said so" than this is pointless.
YOU made the assertion that they were made by Wellgo, YOU prove it. I say its not the case, what evidence do you have aside from appearance? People tell me I look a lot like Quentin Tarantino, so should I assume that we are related? I didnt turn out to be related to John Murrs despite all the years I was mistaken for him.

Why do you feel a need for me to prove it? Do you doubt your assessment? Why is my input so imprtant to you?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
YOU made the assertion that they were made by Wellgo, YOU prove it. I say its not the case, what evidence do you have aside from appearance? People tell me I look a lot like Quentin Tarantino, so should I assume that we are related? I didnt turn out to be related to John Murrs despite all the years I was mistaken for him.

Why do you feel a need for me to prove it? Do you doubt your assessment? Why is my input so imprtant to you?

What is with your pointless arguements? I offered 'proof' of some forces on a headset and you went off on a rant about 'engineering types'. So you want some proof, but when provided to you, you bitch that the proof is not the type that you approve. Just like the CK post, YOU are making a claim (with no basis) and bitching because you refuse to acknowlede infomation to the contrary.

as far as tioga/welgo...here is as close to 'proof' you are going to get unless you work for one of these two companies or intimately involved with the oem bicycle biz....if you are, speak up, quit hiding behind your burger...

they use the exact same bearing size and design
they use the same spindle size, shape and design
they are the exact same shape (with a few added holes and bevels for the more expensive tioga)
same seals
same end cap
Pricing difference on the 'same' pedal with the one from the better known marketing company, costing more
Tioga does NOT manufacture anything
'Welgo' is a HUGE wholesale pedal manufacturer, making pedals for oem bicycle companies.

I will say it again, look at their pedal catalog.....the vast majority of their (bike) business is makeing pedals as an oem. The welgo brand is simply a name for their in-house brand product.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
What is with your pointless arguements? I offered 'proof' of some forces on a headset and you went off on a rant about 'engineering types'. So you want some proof, but when provided to you, you bitch that the proof is not the type that you approve. Just like the CK post, YOU are making a claim (with no basis) and bitching because you refuse to acknowlede infomation to the contrary.

as far as tioga/welgo...here is as close to 'proof' you are going to get unless you work for one of these two companies or intimately involved with the oem bicycle biz....if you are, speak up, quit hiding behind your burger...

they are the exact same shape (with a few added holes and bevels for the more expensive tioga)
same seals
same end cap
Pricing difference on the 'same' pedal with the one from the better known marketing company, costing more
'Welgo' is a HUGE wholesale pedal manufacturer, making pedals for oem bicycle companies.

I will say it again, look at their pedal catalog.....the vast majority of their (bike) business is makeing pedals as an oem. The welgo brand is simply a name for their in-house brand product.
Poor Huck better speak up soon....what happens when you lose an e-fight anyway...does your puter get a real nasty virus, or just start smoking and pop a fuse?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory

same seals
same end cap

ROFL - *MY* pointless arguments. You guys are a 'hoot'. Rant about engineering types? This is a run on sentence at worst:

this is the other end of the derision with the condescending 'i know more than you' yap. 10x, 100x - the point being that the bulk af any load carried is at the lower bearing/race - do you disagree? Have you seen any ovalized headtubes at the toptube? (no diatribes please)
Did you respond to this? Do you have an answer now?

You guys made the assertion, and ask ME to disprove it? Im certainly not brilliant for revisiting this silliness, but you're claiming 'win' when you have offered nothing more than I have, despite having made the assertion in question. There is a fundamental flaw in your argumentation.

My relationship with the industry............

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Poor Huck better speak up soon....what happens when you lose an e-fight anyway...does your puter get a real nasty virus, or just start smoking and pop a fuse?
What efights? Are you taking something personal?

I couldnt give a hoot whether or not I 'win', I enjoy engaging conversation and discussion - on through argument; if you have nothing other than antagonism to offer the discussion, why are you bothering to post at all?

Sandy Vagina?

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
hey, what's up with your wrist?
Fractured my left radius from the wrist back towards the elbow at the end of last August up at Whistler.
6 wks later all heeled up, and going for my 1st XC ride tomorrow on the new steel HT. Let's go ride sometime, Got lights?