Quantcast

Straitline Pedal pins

ngragtmans

Chimp
Jun 2, 2009
Greenville, SC
So I own a pair of Straitline pedals and I have heard that pins with threads on the top are way better than plain medal pins. Anyone know if you can get threaded pins for Straitline pedals?

rockdog

Chimp
Feb 6, 2009
So I own a pair of Straitline pedals and I have heard that pins with threads on the top are way better than plain medal pins. Anyone know if you can get threaded pins for Straitline pedals?
Are you referring to set screws? I don't know about your experience, but I find the pins that come with the straightlines to be vastly superior to setscrews. In terms of traction and durability. If you are finding the stock pins too slick you can get sharper versions from straightline, but really the stock pins are light years ahead of screws.

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
i dont have straitline pedals, but I've used set screw type studs on Funn pedals. when those got mashed, i moved over to the Truvativ Holzfeller DH pedal, which has these really thin pins. MUCH better. something about those setscrew studs that made my feet start slipping after a few months of usage. Using the same shoes on the truvativ pins and no slippage.
but set screws will work in a pinch, and can be very easily found.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Straitline pins are amazing. Hexagonal shape really digs into your soles. They grip almost too much. Once you tighten them down, they hardly ever come off.

Regular set screws are okay, but they come off easily and get lost also during riding.