Ostrich
Emu
Kangaroo

Last edited:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I ate a fish eye once. TN and I ordered a whole fish from this great place in Mexico. He told me to eat the eye and I did, without thinking about (one too many beers i believe). As soon as it hit my tongue i regretted it. It left a fish flavored slug like film on my tongue and the inside of the eye was hard, like cartilage. I almost hurled all over the beach.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Stinkheads are probably the only thing I wouldn't try

STINKHEADS (Alaska) A fish delicacy invented by the Yup'ik Eskimos.

Just cut the heads off several fish (traditionally salmon), bury them in the ground for the summer, then dig them up and have a chewy treat! Getting it past your nose is a serious problem, but the result is reportedly somewhat hallucinogenic.

Given that there are no natural substances that grow in the northerly parts of Alaska that can be made to produce alcohol or other mind-altering substances, it was the best they could do.

Stinkheads are often used as a rite of passage to test "gussaks" (foreigners) who claim to want know more about native culture.

Few pass the test, but the natives have a lot of fun administering it.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
ostrich
alligator
snake
urchin
octopus
rabbit
grasshopper
cricket
beef tendons and cartilage
beef tongue
tripe (intestine)

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Pickled Locust's.... does that count as an animal?

What about sea urchin?

....Oh and if your wondering. Yeah it was bloody awful and I wish I had drunken more before trying some (both the locusts and sea urchin). :(

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Just come and look in my fridge. I'll show you things that'll make ya eyes pop. They eat it all here, usually raw and preferably alive.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
deer, bear, bear heart, squirrel, turtle, rabbit, quail, quail eggs, pheasant, dove, squid, octopus, eel, snails, grubs, ants, locusts

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When in Brazil I was eating a stew that seemed a little funny, tasted fine but seemed to have large amounts of bone and cartilage in it. I knew I shouldn't have asked what is was but I did, it was pig spine soup. I nearly puked right there.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I knew an old 7th generation British African who grew up in Kenya. One day his help cooked him what they considered an honorable meal. A stew made from one of their dead family member's legs :dead:

He puked when he found out what he was eating...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
syadasti said:
I knew an old 7th generation British African who grew up in Kenya. One day his help cooked him what they considered an honorable meal. A stew made from one of their dead family member's legs :dead:

He puked when he found out what he was eating...
I think the only leg in that story would have been yours and it was being pulled.