Quantcast

strange boxxer problem...

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
has anyone ever gotten a stick jammed into their rebound adjuster? there's wood packed in the head of the screw which adjusts the rebound...how in the hell can i get it out without taking the fork apart? i've tried needles, smaller allen wrenches...anyone have any bright ideas?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You could probably grind down a spoke on the end until it's sharp enough. Then bend the other end around until it's got a loop shape. I made one of those and it works great for things like that, and for prying out thorns.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
Spokes are really great materials for stuff like this. They are easy to shape, and cut. I have made lockpicks out of them, and we use them to make "pokers" at the shop. Great for when you are cutting cable housing etc.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Dirtbike said:
Spokes are really great materials for stuff like this. They are easy to shape, and cut. I have made lockpicks out of them, and we use them to make "pokers" at the shop. Great for when you are cutting cable housing etc.
We call them pokers at our shop too.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Bicyclist said:
We call them pokers at our shop too.
One of the most usefull tools you can make, plus they double as throwing darts, you can practice on empty bike boxes. :cool:

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Jm_ said:
One of the most usefull tools you can make, plus they double as throwing darts, you can practice on empty bike boxes. :cool:
i've worked at a few shops and we called those throwing darts "hammers". actually i worked at galyans as a bike shop tech for a little while with this other guy...we were the "anti corporation, why the hell are we in a big box store bike mechanics" anyways, our throwing hammers which were actually clawed hammers ended up stuck in walls, bike boxes etc. all the time. it was even thrown at the head manager's once just missing his head and sticking into a wall. needless to say this was days before me and the other mechanic left.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
My boss made two of the pimpest pokers in existance. One is molded around the spoke and made of carbon fibre, and the other is made out of a Dura-ace down tube shifter so it says Dura-ace and it's nice and knurled.