Quantcast

Strange? or just me?

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Ok, so I'm trying to figure out if its just me...does anyone else curl their toes inside your shoes while riding( a bike that is)? I feel like I'm trying to grip my shoes or something. Not a problem for shuttle days but on long rides its annoying. Anyone? or am I just weird?:confused:

Last edited:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I remember when I first started riding like 6 years ago I did. Especially when I tried to move the back end around (like pulling up the back with flat pedals up a curb, or trying to learn whips).

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
When I first started riding, I would find myself doing stuff like that when hoping around, curbs, bunny hops ETC....... Then I learned the proper way to do a bunny hop and realized you didnt need your feet to pick the bike up..... Im on spd's now so I cheat when it comes to stuff like that now, but when riding flats, I still keep my toes flat in my shoe, I will however rotate my foot as needed to get the needed outcome

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I think its pretty common I do it from time to time, 5:10s dont allow the foot to roll the shoe over but I grab at the shoe with my toes especially when jumping. LOL

As long as you dont roll the foot forward when you do it youll be fine, I pulled the tendoins and muscles from banking a corner foot rolled a bit too far forward and a rock grabbed it and sucked it under the pedal causingthe bike to jump up and go over.
Have not done that one since......