Quantcast

Strange things you do

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
So in the spirit of PSP ballsy-nes I am starting a thread to document the strange things that you do and have no clue why you do them.

3 things that I do:
Make odd noises when I urinate.
Turn my volume up to 10 when responding to a greeting at a store or restaurant.
Stare out the front door window when drinking something (I did this for an hour and a half once without realizing it).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I always open and close a public urinal seats with my foot. It is my one OCD trait.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I always open and close a public urinal seat with my foot.
That's not weird, that's just avoiding V.D.

I pick at the seams on my socks. You know the little spot about where your toes meet your foot, where the sewn seam ends on your sock? Yeah, I absent-mindedly pull and pick at that until the sock is ruined. All the time. I can't stop myself.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I always open and close a public urinal seats with my foot. It is my one OCD trait.
How is that odd?

I find it odd that people would use their bare hand to do that?

I also use my sleeve or elbow to lock-unlock bathroom stalls. That lock has to be the dirties place on the planet.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I say "Beauty, eh" a lot even though I'm not Canadian. My wife hits me everytime.

I'm 6'7", wide shouldered and never fail to have the only 400lb sweaty woman sit next to me on the bus. EVERY TIME!!!

I think I might have dirty Tourettes. Especially when driving.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How is that odd?

I also use my sleeve or elbow to lock-unlock bathroom stalls. That lock has to be the dirties place on the planet.
Just wash your hands afterwards if you can resist the urge to suck your fingers for that long. That way you aren't walking around with dookie and genital wart germs on your elbows.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I do that.

Whenever I can't remember how to spell a word I start the word with a capital letter.

I stare at my computer for long periods of time thinking about riding.

I shake my food (three little shakes) before I put it in my mouth to make sure it's not going to fall on my lap/clothes.

When washing my hands I make sure i have pulled out enough towels out of the dispenser so I don't have to touch the handle. I also use the paper towel to open the door and then chuck the towel into the trash after I have my foot in the door.

The man who invented motion sensor dispensers/ faucets/ flushers is a god amongst men.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is that odd?

Yeah I always Elbow the door knobs etc. as well.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm completly OCD about having anyone else do any work on my bikes, even if I know that they're a great mechanic. Hell no. I am the only person who does ANY wrenching on them.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I shave from left to right, but only the hair under my chin and on my neck.

I walk with my arm in a funny position sometimes.

My nose whistles when I breath (90% of the time).

I light the lint from my socks on fire... while they're still on my feet. It looks cool.

I have a shower routine every morning.

#1- Shampoo and rinse
#2 - Conditioner (let sit while...)
#3 - Wash body
#4 - Rinse conditioner and THEN rinse body
#5 - Wash face without touching ANYTHING but the bottle of face wash, and the water.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I use a Dremel tool to do my nails

I am not afraid to "Let one go" when riding my bike, if someone is behind me, its there fault for not riding faster

I Play tetris while "Doing my paper work in the office"

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
How is that odd?

Mythbusters found, that the Toilet seat itself, is one of the cleaner parts in teh bathroom, lowest amount of bacteria, by way of culture stimulation, studies found that people are sooo particular about public and personal hygene, that most are washing there hands before, and after using the restroom.

Personally I could care less what ends up on my hands, as long as I can wash up afterwords!!!!

Edit....I am going to regret that last statement arent I

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Pretty sure I have neatness/organization OCD.

-Everything must be clean and in it's place
-Right angles
-Equal spacing
-Symmetry
-Even numbers (ie: volume on stereo)

All that applies to EVERYTHING. It actually gets really frustrating.:(

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I carry Maalox (sp?) with me damn near everywhere I go. It was a habit I developed when I suffered from acid reflux for over a year. It's more like a security blanket than anything else now that it's cured (for the most part). My friends give me a hard time about it, but they understand.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pretty sure I have neatness/organization OCD.

-Everything must be clean and in it's place
-Right angles
-Equal spacing
-Symmetry
-Even numbers (ie: volume on stereo)

All that applies to EVERYTHING. It actually gets really frustrating.:(
I'm the exact opposite. I am such a slob I can destroy my house in minutes. I don't like it and have to spend a lot of time cleaning up after myself.

I do have to take a shower as soon as I wake up in the morning.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I'm the exact opposite. I am such a slob I can destroy my house in minutes. I don't like it and have to spend a lot of time cleaning up after myself.

If I was forced to live with you, I would probably spend hours sitting in the shower stall crying. :rofl:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

:stupid:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If I was forced to live with you, I would probably spend hours sitting in the shower stall crying. :rofl:

I've had an empty 5 gallon bucket sitting in my living room for almost 2 months. When I vacuum I just move it around. I have no idea why it is there and I have no desire for it to be any where else.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I used to feel the urge to shower as soon as I got up until I spent 6 days without a shower in New Orleans. I went through a lot of baby wipes, but it was a week before we could build a shower station (gravity feed system).

I was like a hippie just enjoying my natural "glow". I shower at some point during the day, but it's no longer a must because I can't get that funky on my own if I tried here.