Quantcast

Strava dh segments

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Anyone knows how they get timed? Seems like I crossed the starting point to early and munched a power bar so my time got fucked up. Do they count as soon as I cross the starting point? So for a run should I rush trough this point?
Zwischenablage01.jpg

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
I'm not talking about uphill segments. If you're not racing and have no friends it's basically the only way to see how fast/slow your are...

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
STRAVA is great for every ride training

you get to the races ready

to your question, yes. It starts counting when you get thrugh the start point of the segment.

Most riders are starting to pedal before this point to gain some speed.

STRAVA made me know new friends in other countries. When I travel alone, and meet them with the STRAVA segment explorer.

So, yes. Its great .

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
GPS is inherently inaccurate. As shown by your strava map. I would not ever count on it for 100% accuracy of your ride, your segment times, etc. It's a good training tool if not used like a tool. It's a good dork tracker. Yes I use strava. No, I am not transsexual.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
STRAVA is great for every ride training

you get to the races ready

to your question, yes. It starts counting when you get thrugh the start point of the segment.

Most riders are starting to pedal before this point to gain some speed.

STRAVA made me know new friends in other countries. When I travel alone, and meet them with the STRAVA segment explorer.

So, yes. Its great .
So this obviously works! Got 3rd place after two half-assed attempts. Not bad for a tranny riding outdated geo and unrideable wheelsize me thinks. Maybe I can become KOM and QOM in one incarnation once I get a Rux equipped 27,5+ bike!? Or will more shimz be enough?

https://www.strava.com/segments/6874329?filter=overall

Edit: well turns out this only works on trails with only one main line otherwise you'd find yourself at the bottom without a timed run...

But whats actually interesting is the comparison between two runs on different bikes.

Last edited: