Quantcast

Strava humor

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
unrelated, but a section of a local road ride was deemed "dangerous" and times, koms, etc. are not recorded for that stretch any longer.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
It's strange and increadibly pathetic how protective I am over the first one I got....it's on my commute but I couldn't stand losing it for longer than 12 hours.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
unrelated, but a section of a local road ride was deemed "dangerous" and times, koms, etc. are not recorded for that stretch any longer.
Sometimes segments get flagged like that if there is something "wrong" with them in Strava. There is a section of road near my house that is a very slight incline for like a quarter mile. It was in Strava as a hill climb with something like 2000 feet of elevation. It's been flagged as dangerous now and won't list times.

I get irritated when someone bikes one of my runs segments and loads their activity as a run. PRETTY SURE YOU DIDN'T JUST BREAK THE WORLD RECORD IN THE MILE, DIPSH*T. Fortunately Strava lets you flag those activites and strike them from the leaderboard.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I get irritated when someone bikes one of my runs segments and loads their activity as a run. PRETTY SURE YOU DIDN'T JUST BREAK THE WORLD RECORD IN THE MILE, DIPSH*T. Fortunately Strava lets you flag those activites and strike them from the leaderboard.
Ha, I had a KOM on a some small hill near my house and some dude drove it in his car. I averaged like 18mph on it, and he did 55mph! What a turdchurner.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
That's why when you drive the road segments you just have to make sure you edge out the KOM by only a mph or so. Then, you can piss off motorists for driving 20mph and the cyclists for getting a KOM....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I did this by accident one day ^. :D

Forgot to turn mine off after a ride at Kitsuma. I torched the crap out of the KOM. Luckily, I can use the CROP function for my rides and always try to clean up the doodling in the parking lot mileage.

Some folks I know don't even know how to use it on a computer, just their phone and I think most mobile versions of it don't run a "CROP" function?