street riding is dead

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
DLOT!

STREET FOREVER!

ANYONE GOT A REAR WHEEL TO SELL ME?

yeah...because my wheel finally threw in the towel.

i still cant find a few of the spokes, and the hub is very very dead, not to mention the rim cracking....anyone want a rear wheel really cheap? :D

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
just ran home for my lunch break and picked up the zig zag. haven't DJed on it before so... we'll see how it goes. don't have time to put the P3 back together.

i'll be there around 4:30-5ish depending on traffic. i'm probably out for urban tonight.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by BigMike
Wish I'd seen this thread before midnight :(
You bet your ass you do.

I jumped for 4.5 hours STRAIGHT, and lost about 8lbs even though I drank a whole 100oz camelback dry. What a f*cking awesome day.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by shifty S
DLOT!

STREET FOREVER!

ANYONE GOT A REAR WHEEL TO SELL ME?

I have a rhyno lite on a shimano XT non disc hub, 32hole 3X i believe. Ridden XC for a while and been sitting in my closet. Yours for like 50 bucks. might need some minor trueing/tensioning on spokes. I'll look it up again tonight.

Christian -

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Originally posted by DßR
You bet your ass you do.

I jumped for 4.5 hours STRAIGHT, and lost about 8lbs even though I drank a whole 100oz camelback dry. What a f*cking awesome day.
i think i gained back any weight i lost drinking a 6 pack of heineken when i got home... it was well deserved i think after all that jumping :D

what a great day for jumping... can't wait to see how the videos turn out!

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Originally posted by DßR
You bet your ass you do.

Tru dat
facking awesome day! It was the first time I was actually as wooped as I would have been after a long XC ride.

I think we discovered the new venue for Norba. The DJ crit!

Top 5 Highlights of the day

5) watching downy "dead sailor" into a tranny and head butt terra-firma.......crashes are good when people can walk away from them.

4)Watching Jenn stick her first Dj of the set

3) Watching some dude back flip (from a standing position) after he cleared the big doubles

2) Me FINALLY clearing the back line, cuz usually I suK and don't hit them all

1) Watching someone dine on a live cicada!

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
street was fun... as has become the norm, it was beautiful out and nobody really showed up... eton, phil and meself hit all the usual spots, stopped and chatted with some messengers (one was named batman... whoa :D). apparently a big group of couriers get together and play bike polo at that park at 12th & I every friday night. gotta hook that up sometime.

sounds like i missed all the good stuff at the DJs ... who ate a live cicada? was marla throwin down the big stuff? jumping on a rigid bike is weird, but kinda cool... :thumb:

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by rideLIKEjehu
street was fun... as has become the norm, it was beautiful out and nobody really showed up... eton, phil and meself hit all the usual spots, stopped and chatted with some messengers (one was named batman... whoa :D). apparently a big group of couriers get together and play bike polo at that park at 12th & I every friday night. gotta hook that up sometime.

sounds like i missed all the good stuff at the DJs ... who ate a live cicada? was marla throwin down the big stuff? jumping on a rigid bike is weird, but kinda cool... :thumb:
bleah, i didn't end up making it downtown until about 9pm... hooked up with some friends in rosslyn and hit the usual circuit, but we were probably just a bit behind you the whole way.

marla was the one who ate the cicada ;)

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
so i had today off from work (we work a 9/80 schedule) and dragged a XC riding coworker of mine to show him the jumps and play around for a few hours. i'm still reeling off all the air time from last night.

anyways, captured a few movies (not the greatest quality on my canon s200) of me jumping on the zig zag (VERY happy with buying the nused bike!) hopefully, superdeft will be able to put up some of his movies soon of all the jumping action from last night.

first movie

second movie

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Superdeft
I got a ton of footage from Thursday, still needs to be put together and hosted (who's got space?)
i've got some webspace if you need it... just get me the videos on a CD and i'll slap them up on the 'net.