Quantcast

street wheels?

Aug 15, 2005
Berlin, CT
I did a search already, but I didnt find what i wanted.

I'm selling my 24's and going back to 26. But...I dont know what wheels to get. Im riding almost all street and park. I need something burly, so i dont destroy it, but light at the same time...My bike weighs 40lbs at the moment, so I'm trying to go lighter. down from 40lbs to closer to 30.

Just hit me with all you got for ideas.

Thanks.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I switched from 24s to 26ers about a year ago and never looked back. I ride a lot of street and park and the Arrow FRX are the best hoops I've ever ridden.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
my dna which if you search for is on here is at 28.3 with tubeless 823's and deity stuff with a ti spindle. 24's are for gaymos

Aug 15, 2005
Berlin, CT

that's my baby. Funn 48x24 wheels. 04 DJ3. trailking bars.

that's when i just had a 26 up front to try it. I liked it, but then i tried dual 26's and i liked it a lot more. it also doesnt have a front brake at the moment.

I just cant figure where the weight comes from except the wheels and fork.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
scurban said:
You're a Gaymo for even caring what size wheel preople choose to run, especially if its on a bike that doesn't go near a mountain.

Seriously, answer this question...

How does a persons choice of wheel size have any effect on your life what so ever?

Keep stupid Sage like comments to yourself Gaymo.
gaymo.

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
I have a GI street rear and halo tornado front on my suspension cruiser. They work for me. I also have used singletrack rims. They were light.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
scurban said:
Pussy :)

Hey Kaddy, I skiddy skirted all around the Menlo Skate Park, and Stanford on my 24" bike last weekend, and had a blast, you've got some prime places to ride up there.
Oh snap really? Shoulda hit me up, woulda loved to shralp it up with a gaymo. As small as the menlo skatepark is, its fun for sure.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
scurban said:
Do you ever get tickets there?

We might be doing a city street ride in the near future, you might have to roll with a couple of 20's, and a couple of 24's

you down?
I usually ride there at night to avoid the crowd scene... if the cops acutally bother to get out of their car to tell you to leave and recognise you twice you get ticketed, but most of the time they just megaphone from their car or I hide in the bowl.

I'm down for sure.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Mr Tiles said:
The pic above was with 30-13. It was a tad too tall. Just got in an animal lite 28t yesterday. It's butta...check it
the dna looks sick. what kind of spacer are you using on the ss hub setup? in order for me to run my 13t cog, i had to get the spacers grinded down. im using the gusset ss conversion which had like a cone spacer. the one you have looks real clean and flush.

kenjikuro

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
cranks? fork and wheelset are a major stuff.. i think tires too...

or uwant to drills some holeso n ur frame and rims? = P

Aug 15, 2005
Berlin, CT
kenjikuro said:
cranks? fork and wheelset are a major stuff.. i think tires too...

or uwant to drills some holeso n ur frame and rims? = P

Oh, cool! thanks for the tip!

yeah...no...lol :p

my cranks are really light as they are, so i guess I'll just be trading out the fork and wheelset. i want a Pike and 721's.

Aug 15, 2005
Berlin, CT
thanks man. I'm working on the fork and wheels already. I want a pike, but I'm afraid of snapping the steertube...should i be? I need to buy cheap or used stuff too.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i dont know about you but i take my street bike onto the mtn all the time. its fun hitting big freeride type gaps and throwing down street tricks on a small light bike. also doing 3's off drops and tailwhips is blast almost more fun than in parks or on dj's. but thats just me

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
dexter said:
i dont know about you but i take my street bike onto the mtn all the time. its fun hitting big freeride type gaps and throwing down street tricks on a small light bike. also doing 3's off drops and tailwhips is blast almost more fun than in parks or on dj's. but thats just me

Yeah, thats fun, but for me, i work way too much and when i go and actually hit a trail, I get one 20-30min run in....then what?

when I ride street/dirt, I can ride all day, and not have to worry about reaching the bottom of the trail and hiking back up again.

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
I just went and rode Falls City on Saturday, Corvallis urban saturday night, and an indoor skate park on sunday. . .all without changing a single thing on my bike. I love it.