Quantcast

Stretching while riding

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
While on the bike, or stopping and stretching? I do some of both, especially during the really long winter training rides. Quads and calf on the bike, hamstring and back, off

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Its while one the bike. I feel like the right kind of stretched would help on the comfort especially when I start to get close to 40 miles it becomes necessary.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Its while one the bike. I feel like the right kind of stretched would help on the comfort especially when I start to get close to 40 miles it becomes necessary.
Is it your legs or back that tighten up?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sometimes the legs but last night the shoulder and the back. I try to switch between a hand position on or just before the hoods, riding in the drop and when going uphill holding the bar close to the stem. Its not like anything is killing me I just feel like a some strategically placed stretching would be beneficial.

BikeLuvR904

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
HAHA, i clicked on this thread just because the title "stretching while riding". Who does that?? Is that even possible. I hope you are not riding by me when ur doing that. Maybe you can go off a ramp and do a toe touch and hold it for like 5 seconds to stretch out your hamstrings? LOL.