Quantcast

Strippers at Hobby Park Work day Sun 11am-til!!!!

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
yo bros!! I know there is another thread about this but we need all the help we can get this sunday 11am--now that it has rained, it will be primed for reshaping and doing some "new-lines". My buddy dave will be bringing his dump truck and his bobcat(we may even have 2 there!!) so we can get a sh*tload done if we have enough bodies there.

I think we're gonna try to have 2 courses til the last straight, strippers dancing on all the jumps, foam pit finish line jump, 10 kegs and Snoop Dogg in concert afterwards and who knows what else so anybody who can make it would be greatly appreciated..........

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
KILLER work party today...probably 12+ people and TWO bobcats running. we made some major improvements to the course and mad props to andy and his crew for bringing the heavy equipment. big props to mike and christy (sp?) for guidance and the cheeseburgers :thumb:

here are SOME of the pics that i took. they didn't turn out all that great but oh well.

some shots of the awesome turnout

caption contest!

that's andy devault; he's so hot right now!

even Ellen showed up but she was too lazy to help out. she wouldn't even look at me when i called to her from her far right ;) (we were all ecstatic to see her out and about!!!! :thumb: )

noah and morgan having a large time together after christy arrived with the FOOD!

Some riding pics

the 20" kids were having a blast riding all of our big bikes...and putting some of us to shame as well

this kid is NUTS! 13 years old and he rode several different big bikes during the day (first time on a mtn bike ever) and he was boosting everything!

another 20" kid

noah trying to look fast

good times

a-run when he wasn't using his truck as a steam roller

yeah for Transition :thumb:

noah shirtless again

this dude was so Rad...he boosted so high it looked like he fell from the trees.

andy D

and as usual...my blurry sasquatch pic ;) thanks for trying steven :thumb:

pics of the new stuff, the top and bottom are the same....

i sure hope we have a good turnout on sunday...'cause this course is the best it's ever been and is probably the best DS course all year.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i just realized that i forgot to take individual shots of the new stuff so here's a play-by-play.

new start in the woods has been nixed due to the lung killer lower section. so it starts on the same start mound as every other year.

same double in the woods followed by the big jump out of the woods (see pics above). two lane right hander berms after that followed by a decent sized double. then a flat sprint to a step-up-to-step-down followed by two lane left hander berms. then another quick sprint into the big 4 pack. then two lane right hander berms and then the lanes merge for the final stepdown to table.

it's a lot like the course from 3 years ago but everything is bigger and faster.

the wall ride/berm is still there but it's behind the two berms for the course so we figure that it'll be a style berm if you're getting smoked. maybe 10 or so cool points if you boost up the wall or something ;)

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Noah looks like he should be on cops:biggrin: . Thanks for the pics. Bmx kids in photos... long haired kid on big bike, Matt,, kid on white 20, Brandon,, kid on black 20, Evan from Paul's . Kudos to those guys for helping out along with all the usual suspects. Maybe I should make a list... Matt A., Andy D., Steve, Dave W., Steven, John, Aaron, Toby, Tubby/Manimal, Jackson, Chris, Guy with Transition Dirtbag(I'm so bad w/names), Dave, Brandon, Matt, Evan, Other 20" kid(see bad w/names), I'm sure I left out someone.