Quantcast

Stuck at work

hans2

Chimp
Jul 26, 2002
Boston
Work's slow and I'm bored. I spent the past two days here looking at frames and parts to replace one of my bikes. I still have one of my first mtb frames, a '94 Cannondale M600. The Marzocchi XC600 fork has given up completely, the drivetrain is worn, and it handles funny because the frame wasn't designed for suspension. But I can't bear to let go of the bike. :heart: :heart: I might strip it and hang it up on the wall. 11 year old aluminum and it still sees regular duty for running errands and light urban. It'd cost $80-130 to get spacers and a new headset to adapt the 1.25" headset to 1.125" and then I could put my old Judy on.

While I was in the shop getting prices for those spacers, they showed me a Gary Fisher Bitter. It felt good but I think it's too much of a :oink: for what I'll be doing with it. I'd rather have something lighter, faster, and stiffer up front. Something that I can whip in between Boston traffic and do a small stair ride or 5' drop. I'd be very happy with a frame only and build it up myself as I go. I'd prefer that actually. I'd possibly use the Psylo off my Heckler so I could put something better in its place. Maybe Avid discs, with the new SRAM shifters. I can see it all forming in my head with a big gap where the frame should be. Help me spend my money!