Quantcast

Stuck in the $#@*%$& Airport for the next 7 hours

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Stupid pilots not able to land in fog, making me miss my connection! :stupid:

We landed at 9:30, my connection left at 9:25. There were 20 other people going to San Francisco, but they didn't hold it. The people in front of me took the few spots left on the connecting flight through Chicago, I took the last seat on the 6:00 direct, and I feel real sorry for the people behind me!

Now I have a ton of time to kill here in Charlotte Airport......

:rant:

:nopity:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
much better to plow the plane into the runway over-run in an attempt to make customers happy

7 hrs is a pain but it aint fatal

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Yeah I've done a few overnights in DFW. I know, it's a giant ass airport with everything, but still, it blows. To bad I wasn't legal drinking age, it would make it so much more fun.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Stupid pilots not able to land in fog, making me miss my connection! :stupid:

We landed at 9:30, my connection left at 9:25. There were 20 other people going to San Francisco, but they didn't hold it. The people in front of me took the few spots left on the connecting flight through Chicago, I took the last seat on the 6:00 direct, and I feel real sorry for the people behind me!

Now I have a ton of time to kill here in Charlotte Airport......

:rant:

:nopity:
so this would be a bad time to tell you about how fun we had building and riding out at shawn's place this weekend?

oh and air travel sucks even without delays, but I'd rather be stuck in airport than a pine box.

Monkey
we had to stay over night in Denver from 10pm to noon the next day when when our plane turned around way pass half way enroute to Dallas when they found some minor mechanical issues with the plane. Why they decided to turn around I have no clue. anyhow we landed in Denver around 10 but no flights were available.

AA expected us to sit in the airport over night. took 20 angry guys threatening to beat the sh*t out of the crew to get hotel vouchers and transportation(took over 2 hours of non-stop threats). That was of course pre 2001, if we did that today all of us would have been thrown in jail for what we said.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
They turn around because they did not have a slot for you to land in. It's pretty common to have that happen. They also don't like to drop into non-hub airports, which is why you don't see them drop in on Kansas City in that situation.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
so this would be a bad time to tell you about how fun we had building and riding out at shawn's place this weekend?

I did get nice and drunk at Chili's Too watching the first half of the Patriots game. By the time I got on the plane, I was pretty confused. I thought my gate number was my seat number, and couldn't figure out why I was in seat B-13, instead of 13-B. Really, I was in 10E, the damn middle :rant: