Quantcast

[stuck] The single busted shoe exchange thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ride with your same foot forward 90%+ of your descending time? Ever notice you only really destroy ONE shoe and then have to retire the pair?

Well let's trade/sell that stuff. I've got a ton of left shoes in fine working order. I'd either like some rights or might as well trade the left for a sixer. Obviously local meetups work best.

Post what ya got/need and where you are.

Lake Tahoe: One left Shimano AM-545 (the spd one), and want a right one. Or a six pack. Size 42. http://www.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/products/shoe_test.html#mens/mtb/3/SH-AM45

Make this a sticky:D

Last edited:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
uh who wants other's sweat, bacterias?

I think it is better to share a pair from two guys and send them to any Red Cross organisation, homeless guys.

at the moment, I thought long and hard if you was serious or kiding. :weee:

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
weird. i always destroy both of my shoes. takes a while, but i get there eventually.

i get my monies worth :)
Really? Seems like I and everyone I ride with just bashes their back foot on things and the front stays hunky dory.

Freedom? Definitely :D

You must be busy flying in air with one foot hooked on pedal with hanging bike along. ;)
I thought they spoke english in scotland. Must be the foot fungus getting to the brain.

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
Weird tread, but so true!

For sale 5.10 karver 'mint' condition (lefty) and a couple more..

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Really? Seems like I and everyone I ride with just bashes their back foot on things and the front stays hunky dory.
I just wear Sidis. I'm not at all convinced that it's possible to kill those things.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My shoes tend to wear pretty evenly, then again it isn't too hilly here so I'm constantly pedalling.

All I know is that my right foot ALWAYS gets soaked, some how..

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have some worn out chamois if anyone is interested. Also have a left Fox glove that smells like blue cheese. The right one doesn't, so I think I'll hang on to it.

What about used cleats, need any ?

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
You take Crocs? I'm right foot forward when I send (almost) nude photos of myself, resulting in shredded rights and pristine lefts.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You must be new. You'll see your sock toes soon.

I don't trust you people. Something's off.
The pair I use for DH are like 8 years old and the tread's worn down to the point where they might as well be road shoes but the uppers are still in fine shape. I've had to get the velcro replaced 2-3 times and I've broken a bunch of buckles but they're still trucking.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
This is some serious crazy person sh1t. So while we're at it, I corner way better to the right than I do to the left and recently noticed that I wear out the right hand side cornering knobs on my tires way faster than I wear out the ones on the left. If anyone out there wants to trade some 50% worn right-cornering Minion DHF STs for their 50% worn left cornering Minion DHF STs then get at me.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I thought they spoke english in scotland
HAHA, you have clearly never actually spoken to a Scotsman :D

There was a Glaswegian at work that needed subtitles. I only ever laughed and nodded at him, hoping there wasn't a question in his sentence ...and for some reason he kept calling me Ken, though that's not my name ...

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a box full of one sided cranks and pedals whose partners have slipped this mortal coil. Would be nice to trade with someone who has a dominant left leg.

Last edited:

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
yeah I never had and will never have 0% tolerance for any personal attacks against any human being.

I felt he deserved it.

Bye
Huh, are you having a completely separate conversation to us - quote is entirely out if context.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
I think this thread should be modified to include pedals. I have an old set of 545's and a set of 646's that are missing their functional better half. Shoes I am not so much interested but pedals.... I maybe willing to work out something.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Too many regular footers up in this joint.
Goofy foot here. My shoes smell like a pack of small dead animals had a party and accidentally spilled half the keg on the floor. I don't think I could actually mail any of them with out getting branded as a terrorist by the NSA.