Quantcast

stuff to buy ..

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
ok i dont want to use search because my pc is pure **** and everything is so slow...

so i ask you which ff gloves and lock on grips should i buy ??

i have now race face lock on grips and they get slick very fast, andi have ****ty 661 cedric gracia gloves (carbon really helps when i go into tight wood between trees etc)
so i am asking you which gloves (with carbon) and which lock on grips should ibuy next???

thx for help

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
the Intense grips made by ODI have ribbing and use sticky rubber......very grippy....

Even if you happen to fall and get "mud glove" they still offer some sort of grip....

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Grips are a matter of personal preference.
The Rogue's are a lot bigger in diameter then say Ruffian's.
Ive tried The Intense, Rogue and Ruffian's and the Ruffian's and Intense grips fit me best.
I think the Ruffian's last longer and have better grip so thats why I stuck to using those.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah ODI Ruffians are my fave followed closely by the Lizard Skins logo grops, they are just a tad thicker than the Ruffians but nowhere near as thick as the Rogues or Oury.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
ODI Rogues or oury if you like a thicker grip.
ODI ruffian if u like a thinner grip.

Gloves is upto you. I ride with fuel clothing gloves or my oakley gloves. I like low profile gloves not all huge and clunky ones like the specialized fortress. The fuels have no padding at all and the oakleys have the CF knuckles but they are still minimal gloves.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Rogues are great for me (big hands)

I thought the Ruffians were decent, but they were too small and wore out faster than the Rogues imo. I also didn't like the feel of them when you ride w/o gloves...really, well rough lol...

I have the 06 Fate gloves, good quality and pretty snazzy looking too bad they aren't more readily available.

Spesh fortress, and Brooklyn gloves both seem pretty nice (only tried on no real world experience here)

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
freakrock said:
spz fortress:

they rule :D
I second that, I own a pair and they've survived several bails and a load of hard riding.

For lock-ons I like the ODI Ruffians and the ODI Ourys. The Ourys are a big, grippy fistful of rubber and the Ruffians's are thinner with a more waffled pattern. I use the Ruffians on my downhill bike (and I used to have a pair on my STP) and the Ourys on my hardtail. I had the Lizard Skins North Shores, too: they are thick and cushy, but the grip pattern doesn't have much grip to it.