Quantcast

Stump Grinder DC - Trail Work Days

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
I'll be there, lets get this course done!
So this Saturday we had a great turnout of gravity riders willing to work on the DH and Dual Slalom courses! Thanks EVERYONE!

The DH course has a line and many features and is race-able for the Gravity Shootout next weekend http://www.ridesb.com/gravityshootout.htm

Also the Dual is pretty well dialed and our old-school/used slalom breakaway gates are almost all installed. Final grooming will be taking place all week long.

The race or the "pre-Otter" as some have been calling it should be a ton of fun and a cool time for all. Remember the entry fee is low, no charge for the shuttle, and camping is only $5 a night!

I hope that we have a great turnout and that you decide to join us!

Here are some pics ...

Attachments

m-dub

Chimp
Aug 10, 2006
We will be at it again this weekend. Building, digging and much more. Hope to step it up for the national and could use some much needed man power:help: Come work some and ride some!

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
:biggrin:
We will be at it again this weekend. Building, digging and much more. Hope to step it up for the national and could use some much needed man power:help: Come work some and ride some!
Thanks for the post M-Dub!

We have the OK for the Bobcat and the building of the bridge. We have a water source lined up too, as well as old 5 foot pieces of utility poles to use as the backbone of a few drops on the uper section (or to be used in other features).

We need lots of indians willing to work and follow direction from chief Marshall. Please come help us make this course as good as it can be for the National!

mh
:help: PLEASE

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
So we had 7 people out this past weekend at the SGDC to work on the new DH course. We added 5 new pretty large jumps, a really nice birm, enhanced some existing features and added a ridable rockgarden with lines for beginners and the showboaters. It helped that we had the use of a Skidsteer and water trailer from Quinn Rental.

G-Man took some photos I hope he'll get them up soon.

We'll be there again this weekend both days, Sunday we hope to start the New Addition, a Pump Track!

Please join us! :crazy:

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
We need to leave the first right turn loose how it is...or maybe even make it looser!
too late .. there is now a kicker into a table into that right turn that is now an awesome and fast birm exiting into a small gap jump to the drop into the left birm, that leads to the small right birm to the new rockgarden, between the two Oaks, into a small kicker into a table, into a stepdown ... you missed out on adding your two cents Pat. :nopity:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'll be out there Sat for a little dig sesh.
2 weeks until race time, anyone else want to help?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I'll be out there Sat for a little dig sesh.
2 weeks until race time, anyone else want to help?
I'll be out there early in the morning (yes...8am is very early for me).

Oh, and I'll be bringing a few friends too to help out.

Noah, we're also hitting up Knapps on the way home too and there should be some room for ya in my truck if you wanted to ride that with us.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I have no idea, I think Mike (the promoter) likes people to dig early, ride later. I'm just helping out and have no say but......The more help, the better!

There's also Sunday if Sat doesn't work out.