Quantcast

Stumpjumper Future Shock Rear 1 season old

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
Since I have been a member of this site for a little while now I thought I would post up my newest ride. I got the frame in March and built it in time for spring.

Only a couple changes made over the summer; dropped the stem and chopped the extra steerer tube and new rear tire last week after slicing a hole on my last night ride. (hole to big for stans to seal it and first flat in 4 years :( )
I can post up specs if anyone is interested as well. :)

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Keep an eye on the rear Shock . I have a 2007 with the Specialized rear shock , Mine is in the shop right now having that shock replaced for the 7th time!!

other than that I love the bike
^ what he said, mine was brand new at the start of the season and decided to start hating life on my ride today. Luckily I have had nothing but good experiences with Specialized as far as warranty goes. Nice bike, I dig that paint scheme.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
I've had similar kind of offish experiences with the specialized brain, but they ahve been really decent about rebuilding it so far.

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
So far 1 season in, the shock has been great. played around with setup and the brain threshold found a setting i liked and for the most part have kept it that way.

Dizane

Chimp
Nov 5, 2009
keep that rear shock clean and check the air pressure often, make sure that about 80% of your body weight in psi is in there and you will have a lot better luck keeping it running. So what made you decide to go for a double? I rarely use my granny but when I do im so glad i have it. Cool looking bike also!

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
Its actually a triple... I ran it double ring/bash for about a week but didn't like not having the big ring..

Thanks for the maintenance tips Dizane but I think I have it under control. I don't think my bike looks that uncared for in the pictures does it? I did build the bike myself including building the wheels and making my own downtube cable stops so I could run Nokon but no need to run full length...

The colour was a gamble when I ordered it from the catalog but I think it paid off..

Dizane

Chimp
Nov 5, 2009
No the bike looks very well taken care of. As for the color i think it looks good. I know what you mean though the first time i saw that frame I thought it was a little much, but i think it turned out really cool.