Quantcast

Stumpy Carbon

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
no, i'm not really interested because it won bike of the year, and i actually don't really want the evo either. but we've had some 2011 models in the shop for a while now, and they really caught my eye.
decent bike for a DH'er looking for a trail bike?
my current bike is just too small for longer XC rides and waaaayyyy tooooo slack to be good at climbing (65* HA do it for ya?)

curious what people have for feedback on the carbon version, is it as tough as say my V10C or is it niner scary thin?
are the chainstays gonna snap like a twig when i repeatedly land sideways?

i'm not really sold on the PF30 bb but i guess i could live with it...

mattyj

Chimp
Apr 21, 2010
I have a carbon EVO... about 500 miles on it now. I replaced my 2011 Evo Enduro with it. Trust me... these bikes rip up & down. Not quite as plush as the Enduro but more razor sharp & accurate when descending. I still take the same lines i would on my enduro but instead of plowing though stuff now i tend to jump and hop more stuff. Going up they don't compare 33lbs vs 25lbs is no competition!
I also own a Demo for pure DH duties but i couldn't ask for a better, more fun, trail bike.

and FYI I've spent plenty of time riding trails with Specialized rider Curtis Keene and he absolutely shreds the **** out of his full carbon (including wheels) stumpy EVO. They are plenty strong enough for trail pinning!!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I have a friend that has the non carbon version of this bike with the brain... he rips on it, so it has to be pretty good. I do know that the Stumpy is suppose to be more of a trail/AM so it's probably not really fragile.