Quantcast

Stunk Junkies

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well I just whatched it and it was very well done. I'm stoked for Darren as well. Now... don't get me wrong, I have an amzing amount of respect for this guy as he is pushing the sport to insane levels, he just seems sort of monotoneous to me during the show. I love the guy, it doesn't seem he is the smartest of the batch though.

Now, the Demo 9 demonstration is awesome, the put 11 G's of force on the headtube and it doesn't break. Just bends badly. The line he rides is 1500 feet. The biggest line ever done on a bike, with alot of extra risk thrown in. Have fun whatching and I recommend it.

Good Luck to him and congrats for the awesome exposure!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i never thought of this kind of rider being the smartest of the bunch. girlfriend got a kick out of it. i miss that area.

J

JRB

Why'd you call it "stunk junkies" if you liked it???

I thought you hated it.

Westy - NERD!!!!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
How is 1500 feet of descending a record? There are trails in TN that descend more than that.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
i never thought of this kind of rider being the smartest of the bunch. girlfriend got a kick out of it. i miss that area.
Quit watching TV and clean your PMs, n00b. :D

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
is it just me or has Discovery made a mistake in hiring 2 of the most douchbag dildos I have ever seen. One is too old and claims he is a stunt coordinator and offers no constructive advice at all, he just yells WA-HOO! when someone does something. And the other guy looks like a dildo with shades and just giggles like a school girl when he says something he thinks is funny! Give me a break! I like the show but I can NOT stand to watch it because of the retards they have hired to represent the show

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Your right, it was gay. The line he did at the end was ok, but they made it sound like it was the most "xtreme" line ever ridden. Have none of them heard of Red Bull Rampage?

That same line in any number of videos would be considered weak.

And the host/stunt dude were bad. Seriously, that was bad.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
In our perspective, it could have been much better, because the people who did the show aren't mtbers themselves. If mtbers aren't doing the show, other mtbers will always find things wrong with it.

Thats the main reason many though it wasn't very good.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
A 1500 foot decent the largest ever?

add another Zero to that and we have a big number.

I thought it sucked.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
jimmydean said:
Your right, it was gay. The line he did at the end was ok, but they made it sound like it was the most "xtreme" line ever ridden. Have none of them heard of Red Bull Rampage?
:stupid:

When they first started to talk about the area, I though - Oh... you mean RedBull Rampage.

I thought the show sucked. No disrespect to Darren - he's an awesome rider, but the show made it sound like he invented mountain biking. Yeah, he's progressed it with some sick sh*t - but don't give him all the credit...

I did like how they tried to put some decent camera work in there… but trying and succeeding are two different things.

And as an engineer, I thought it was funny how the guys at specialized wouldn't give a straight answer about how much force they were using in the test. I guess that's a secret value that only they have been able to figure out. :rolleyes: