Quantcast

Stunts near Nisene

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
Hey y'all,

This was on the MBOSC list today. If you know anybody building over inside Nisene, the hammer is about to fall:

"A heads up to those of you who ride the Scout Trail in Nisene, or know folks who do.

Apparently there has been a proliferation of unapproved trails in the area of the Scout trail, many of which connect to it, cross it, parallel it, etc. Of greatest concern to State Parks is that there have been ramps, jumps, stunts, and steep sections developed which create significant safety issues and which will likely cause significant erosion/damage when the raiiny season hits.

The folks from State Parks will be having some trail crews come out in upcoming weeks to de-commission some of these trails and to remove the installations that create the greatest risk both to safety and to damage the park resources.

Those who are involved know that State Parks has very limited resources, so the fact that they are spending some money on this should tell everyone how serious and dangerous they consider this situation.

If you know the folks who have been putting in these trails, and especially the more extreme stuff, please alert them to this situation, that there will be folks up there working on the trails, and to the fact that there can be some pretty severe penalties for damaging the public resources.

We realize, as does state parks, that there is a serious problem in this county due to the lack of a legal place for the more extreme riders to engage in the sport. As an organization, MBOSC is encouraging State Parks to provide recreational access for this portion of our community. We encourage those who have the energy to work on trails to go to www.trailworkers.com and get involved in an appropriate way."

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
I haven't mapped it, and don't know off the top of my head. But I'd guess it must be down low where you could drop into the park from one side or the other.

I was at Nisene a couple weeks ago for a walk with some out of town friends, and we sure saw a lot of folks in armor and full face helmets riding out on the fire road. Not too hard to figure that out...

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I recently rode this fun dh trail with a few jumps that ended up on the fire road. It didn't start in Nisene, so that might be the one they're talking about.