Quantcast

Stupid/Awesome Snow

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
So I don't know if anyone noticed but the snow level fell really low this weekend and alot of snow fell. This should push back the opening of some trails to even later this year. It should also push back the opening of Whistler till May:mad: Sorry no early riding this year.

On a more positive note the new snow made for a great day at Mt. Baker today. There was 8-10 inches of fresh powder on top of about 30 inches from the previous two days. Add to that there really weren't any crowds at all due to the holiday. It was probably the best day of the season for me:love: Anybody else take advantage of this late season snow storm?

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
It was snowing pretty hard in Pullman at 730 Satuday morning, but we loaded the truck up anyway and headed to Beacon. It was primo conditions with only a slight sprinkle throughout the day, so we took a chance and it paid off.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I woke up this morning in Bend to 4-6 inches!!!!!!!! Holy Batman, I was just mountain biking here this weekend!

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Yeah looking out my window at work I can see snow on the foothills which means its somewhere between 1500 and 2000 ft. I was getting really excited there for the last two weeks with all the warm weather, but this is another set back for the higher level trails.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
We got lucky with a good day at Alpy on friday. Expecting to be rained out, but instead got a nice dumping ontop of some very soft snowcone lijke snow. not the best day of the season, but a very good one. I think every day this year was exceptional. I made a total of 8 days on the hill... thats 8 times more than last year...