Quantcast

Stupid disk brake question....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Do rotor bolts generaly come with the disk hubs or with the set of brakes. Same w/ the mounting bolts to mount the caliper to the frame...seperately or w/ the brakeset? I've got a new rear brake but neither set of bolts came with it. :(

Thanks.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
All the bolts for disc brakes should come with the brake & rotor. At least, that's the only way I've ever seen 'em come.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
binary visions said:
All the bolts for disc brakes should come with the brake & rotor. At least, that's the only way I've ever seen 'em come.
That figures. I won the brakes at a race, and they came in a plastic bag, not the box I'm sure they were originally in. Oh well, I should be able to get those bolt cheap somewhere...

Thanks BV! :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
McGRP01 said:
That figures. I won the brakes at a race, and they came in a plastic bag, not the box I'm sure they were originally in. Oh well, I should be able to get those bolt cheap somewhere...

Thanks BV! :)
:thumb:

Lots of time you get "brown boxed" (i.e. non-retail packaged) items at races that don't come with standard parts... No reason your LBS shouldn't have the bolts, though.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
binary visions said:
:thumb:

Lots of time you get "brown boxed" (i.e. non-retail packaged) items at races that don't come with standard parts... No reason your LBS shouldn't have the bolts, though.
McG: Hey I need rotor bolts for these brakes I won at the race.

LBS: The rotor bolts will be $150 please

McG: SOB!

:D

They get you coming or going them LBS's j/k!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
RhinofromWA said:
McG: Hey I need rotor bolts for these brakes I won at the race.

LBS: The rotor bolts will be $150 please

McG: SOB!

:D

They get you coming or going them LBS's j/k!
lol!! Fortunately I'm sponsored by my LBS so bolts are free. :D