Quantcast

Stupid motorcyclist?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was driving to work on the highway, and I noticed a motorcyclist stopped on the side of the road for a moment. A minute later, he passes me and settles in a few cars ahead in the left lane.

About another minute later he is doing 55 mph in the fast lane, and cars are starting to go around him. I pass him too on the right, and I noticed he is riding no handed!!!!

Is that really stupid during rush hour on the busy highway in the Bay Area?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I've been out of the motorcycle scene for a while now. Do today's motorcycles not require the rider's hand to twist a throttle to keep moving?

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
He was being a jackass. Here in south bay we've got plenty of them. The best ones are when 85 just starts to calm down at about 10:00 in the morning and people are moving between 55 and 75 when you get passed by a pack of 90 mph lane splitting crotch rockets.

Don't get me wrong, I love motorcycles, but some of the riders out there are just plain stupid.

As far as needing to keep your right hand on the throttle, he might have had a cruise control. I've met some 'stunters' that use them to pull off certain tricks.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Echo said:
I've been out of the motorcycle scene for a while now. Do today's motorcycles not require the rider's hand to twist a throttle to keep moving?
My mothers cruiser had a clamping type cruise control.....more of a throttle holder than a cruise control. It would lock down the throttle (not fully) enough so it would hold the throttle in any position you placed it.

Rhino

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I think this goes back to My rant a few weeks ago, and how it turned into....... Stupid Motorcyclist, Well, this is a good example of someone being a Dumbass, And it really sucks cause not everyone does dumb **** like that, but it makes everyone who rides look bad. My last thread someone had stated that track time isnt that expensive......i agree, if you really have a need to get overly stupid, go to the track

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Well here is my dumb ass biker story. My neighbor Craig is a newly divorced biker guy. He is a nice guy and all. But his Harley is loud. And since he has a new bachelor pad here in town all his friends have been stopping by. Well Harleys are loud and they work on them in his front yard and park on the sidewalk. A few folks have complained about all the noise and they basically said E’ff that loud pipes save lives. Deal with it because that’s who we are.

Well last weekend we had a festival in our neighborhood. So because it is usually party central here. We had a lot of cops around here. Well you can do the math. Biker party, weed smoking, naked chicks, keg on the front lawn, etc. The cops took notice. Well when the party broke up the cops (on bicycles mind you) had a field day handing out tickets and a few DUI and possession charges.

I feel bad for the guy. Never bothered me in the least. But he is still a dumbass…..

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
jdcamb said:
...they basically said E’ff that loud pipes save lives.
That's Sofa King Retarded.

I love how posers say that. If they were really concerned, they'd wear a lid.

So many HD "riders" here that look like they take longer to get dressed in their HD-leathers (so ghey) than they take "riding" to the local HD bar to hang out.

I hate posers.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
LordOpie said:
I love how posers say that. If they were really concerned, they'd wear a lid.

So many HD "riders" here that look like they take longer to get dressed in their HD-leathers (so ghey) than they take "riding" to the local HD bar to hang out.

I hate posers.
Well I met them at the local clubhouse where my uncle is an honarary member (dart tournament is why I was there). So they ain't posers. Just ordinary guys for the most part I suspect. At least they work on their own bikes.....

I wonder if chaps save lives? They are kinda ghey....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
DirtyMike said:
I think this goes back to My rant a few weeks ago, and how it turned into....... Stupid Motorcyclist, Well, this is a good example of someone being a Dumbass, And it really sucks cause not everyone does dumb **** like that, but it makes everyone who rides look bad. My last thread someone had stated that track time isnt that expensive......i agree, if you really have a need to get overly stupid, go to the track
I'm not saying motorcyclists are stupid. I don't even care that one motorcyclist wants to die. But he was slow and a potential crash right in front of me. Do that sh*t after I pass...