Quantcast

stupid newbie mistake

ell bee

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Olean, NY
So, I go out for my first ride on a trail...free ride.

Afterward I go with the group over to this group of dirt jumps. I roll over this one that had a table top to it a few times. Then I deside to try to jump it.........well, as you can expect, my first time on a trail and my first time on any jumps I crashed! It was just a week ago, but now I'm laughing at it. Actually about 10 minutes after it happened I was laughing at it. What would possess me to try something like that? Hello, no experience...maybe I should be a bit more realistic!!!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
sounds like you wanted to have some fun eh?
first off learn to bunnyhop(see other thread) cause it helps with jumping technique alot. and also when you roll the table start slow and gradually hit it faster and faster eventually you'll start too feel a smooth speed to hit it at. just takes time and practice...as does anything...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
same thing happened to me when i was still into bmx (or what i thought was bmx, until i bought a real bmx bike then it was on)

any hoo

i would just roll this little table until i decided to hit it, well this was when big baggy pants were cool, so i got my real cool pants caught in the chainwheel...

lets not talk about what happened next....