Quantcast

Stupid or rude?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I saw two things today, one was pretty stupid, the other I thought was rude.

There was a large piece of cardboard floating on Hwy 101, and a woman hit it with her Prius, got caught on her bumper, but she kept driving at 70 for at least 5 miles. I was praying the cardboard would not dislodge while I tried to pass her.

At lunch, I rode my bike over to sandwich shop, and I locked my bike to a chair while I ran in (there is no bike rack or anything else I could lock my bike too).

When I come out, a girl is sitting on that chair, despite other empty tables and an empty chair next to her. Thankfully, she did not move the chair, or my bike would be on the ground.

Attachments

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
i think stupid, and stupid. The lady could've just sat in that other chair. She was stupid.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
What kind of sandwich? My mother-in-law gets these awesome hard roll sammiches from a Vietnamese store chock full of mystery meat and pickled veggies. :drool:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I don't have patience for morons like this. I would have asked her if she knew there was a bike strapped to the chair. If she said no, I would have taken a picture and posted it on ridemonkey.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
It amazes me just how often, and how diverse a set of situations in which this is the most obvious and direct solution to your problems...

It really does solve all.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
It amazes me just how often, and how diverse a set of situations in which this is the most obvious and direct solution to your problems...

It really does solve all.
So is that dude just crackin her in the pooter, or is she a dude?

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
you locked your bike to a chair?
wow
Nope, not rude. She just must have been smart enough to know there ain't no resale value on a specialized.:biggrin: So definitely stupid. In her own asian words, "Heyyyy!!! You no suppose to lock bike on chaah! Wasamatta with you? What kind of pahson lock bike to chaah? Waa you from? Go way! You rood!"

Last edited:

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I wonder what the repair bill would be to replace a burnt up motor in a Prius? Did the lady even know she had a big piece of cardboard stuck on the front of her car?