Quantcast

Stupid people on FB...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Some guys FB status. I added the italics and the parentheses...read and discuss...ready, go!

"Preparing to be "un-friended" by many! I have truly had it with those who are so quick to call people like me and my family; stupid, haters, bigots, and other choice words because I/we hold a deep moral, religious, and personal belief that homosexuality is wrong, unnatural, and destructive to individuals, the human race, and society. There is to much historical, scientific, medical, and statistical data/facts that show this to be true (Like? Cite references here...) I can like, love, accept, respect, and still disagree with any person who chooses to live differently than I do. However, I refuse to sit idle, stay silent, and do nothing when someone's "choice of lifestyle" effects my life and society as a whole within humanity. They can call their relationships whatever they want to, unions, partnerships, and even marriages, but I firmly disagree that their relationships should be extended the same place in society and humanity that heterosexual marriage is given. A man and a woman together (most successfully within marriage) is the only way to reproduce and continue the human race naturally. Homosexual people are not another race, ethnicity, or gender that should have the same protections and rights as those that are. They should be extended the same individual human rights that all human beings are to be given. (Say what?) Yes there are extremist on both side, haters and intolerant both; however there are many more who are in the middle ground who have closely held and strong beliefs that respect the views of others and do not force them down the throats of others. That is all I ask. I'll stand on my corner with my sign and you on yours and still be acquaintances, friends, or family."

Meanwhile. people are getting bored with FB...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/survey-1-3-facebook-users-getting-bored-social-050740241.html

Last edited:

local717

Monkey
Apr 11, 2010
Mt.Gretna/Lancaster
"However, I refuse to sit idle, stay silent, and do nothing when someone's "choice of lifestyle" effects my life and society as a whole within humanity."

I'd love to hear his explanation as to "how" this is effecting his life personally.

Does he think everyone should be Christian to?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
"However, I refuse to sit idle, stay silent, and do nothing when someone's "choice of lifestyle" effects my life and society as a whole within humanity."

I'd love to hear his explanation as to "how" this is effecting his life personally.

Does he think everyone should be Christian to?
Gay Bandidos?

(NSFW for language, but if you didn't know that you've never heard of Lewis Black before)

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Stupid people aren't only on facebook. They seem to be everywhere. I hate people. (present company excluded of course)
What a douche.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My wife has a few relatives in the mid-west bible belt that sometimes have ridiculous posts like this guy's. I find it hilarious when people use FB to promote their political and religious beliefs like this. :rofl:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Facebook status: serious business!

I really don't care what anyone's politial/moral/religious beliefs are, but I get annoyed at people for expressing them, whatever they are.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Facebook status: serious business!

I really don't care what anyone's politial/moral/religious beliefs are, but I get annoyed at people for expressing them, whatever they are.
Quit harassing us with your opinions. You are really making it hard to live my life the way I choose. Damn you.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Sounds like someone is unclear on the concept of

"They should be extended the same individual human rights that all human beings are to be given."

There is a certain segment of the population that thinks they have a right to not be exposed to things they don't agree with. Seems like a tough way to go through life.

LOL at this guy for thinking standing on the corner with a sign represents the middle ground. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a sign that said "Gay Marriage - I'm not concerned one way or the other."

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have a few folks I knew in high school who are crazy. I keep them on facebook for a good lol. I tried to talk some sense in to a few of them and learned it was easier to just watch and laugh.

Gay guys impact my life every day. I can't be expected to have fashion sense, it's not fair.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Maybe we could round up all the stupid people into a big fenced in area. Georgia or North Carolina seems to be the most logistically strategic location for it. Possibly a west coast site in Arizona. We could staff it with Gays and Latinos. They would operate the food catapults. Only when tolerance and empathy are exhibited would the operators reward the teaming masses in their hateful leper colonies. If only a church somewhere would latch on to this idea... Nope, not likely....

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
^^ On this note, Kathleen Madigan (the comedian) has a GREAT idea for the stupid people problem, and also the immigration problem. She says we should make a reality show, and the winners get to stay in the country, while the losers get booted out... "because let's face it, there are some Americans who just haven't quite panned out. Staying with us tonight we have Jose--he's a brain surgeon who has worked here for 10 years. And leaving us tonight, we have Nadya Sluman--say good-bye to the oct-mom America!!"

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
^^ On this note, Kathleen Madigan (the comedian) has a GREAT idea for the stupid people problem, and also the immigration problem. She says we should make a reality show, and the winners get to stay in the country, while the losers get booted out... "because let's face it, there are some Americans who just haven't quite panned out. Staying with us tonight we have Jose--he's a brain surgeon who has worked here for 10 years. And leaving us tonight, we have Nadya Sluman--say good-bye to the oct-mom America!!"
I have a script I wrote for Octo-Mom, she can't leave yet... I have not been able to get in touch with Mel Gibson to discuss the project however. It is titled "Conception" and will be a huge hit. Think of Contact and Independence day without Jodie Foster and Jeff Goldblum. I know it will be a hit....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Some guys FB status. I added the italics and the parentheses...read and discuss...ready, go!

"Preparing to be "un-friended" by many! I have truly had it with those who are so quick to call people like me and my family; stupid, haters, bigots, and other choice words because I/we hold a deep moral, religious, and personal belief that homosexuality is wrong, unnatural, and destructive to individuals, the human race, and society. There is to much historical, scientific, medical, and statistical data/facts that show this to be true (Like? Cite references here...) I can like, love, accept, respect, and still disagree with any person who chooses to live differently than I do. However, I refuse to sit idle, stay silent, and do nothing when someone's "choice of lifestyle" effects my life and society as a whole within humanity. They can call their relationships whatever they want to, unions, partnerships, and even marriages, but I firmly disagree that their relationships should be extended the same place in society and humanity that heterosexual marriage is given. A man and a woman together (most successfully within marriage) is the only way to reproduce and continue the human race naturally. Homosexual people are not another race, ethnicity, or gender that should have the same protections and rights as those that are. They should be extended the same individual human rights that all human beings are to be given. (Say what?) Yes there are extremist on both side, haters and intolerant both; however there are many more who are in the middle ground who have closely held and strong beliefs that respect the views of others and do not force them down the throats of others. That is all I ask. I'll stand on my corner with my sign and you on yours and still be acquaintances, friends, or family."
I would ask this person is does he have any gay friends. My guess is that the answer would be yes.

Then I would ask him, "What happens if I went up to your gay friend and called him a faggot, and that I think he and his kind are despicable, and what you do to each other is disgusting?"

Would he not care? Would he defend his friend?

I find that most bigots are not evil men, and when their own people are attacked, they will come to their defense of their friends and family.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
When you press anyone of them on this, they just keep repeating, "it effects my marriage", but cannot explain how. Why ? Because gay marriage has about as much effect on your life as the monster under your bed.

Gay guys impact my life every day. I can't be expected to have fashion sense, it's not fair.
I'm not sure if my hair stylist is gay, but I'm pretty sure his husband is.

Maybe we could round up all the stupid people into a big fenced in area. Georgia or North Carolina seems to be the most logistically strategic location for it. Possibly a west coast site in Arizona. We could staff it with Gays and Latinos. They would operate the food catapults. Only when tolerance and empathy are exhibited would the operators reward the teaming masses in their hateful leper colonies. If only a church somewhere would latch on to this idea... Nope, not likely....
No thanks, we are currently at capacity for stupid people. Upstate NY or NJ would be a much better location.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When you press anyone of them on this, they just keep repeating, "it effects my marriage", but cannot explain how. Why ? Because gay marriage has about as much effect on your life as the monster under your bed.

I'm not sure if my hair stylist is gay, but I'm pretty sure his husband is.

No thanks, we are currently at capacity for stupid people. Upstate NY or NJ would be a much better location.
Do you think we are stupid? Land is so much cheaper down there.

I have chosen to not get Gay Married. It has helped me get past the whole not being gay thing that I struggle with...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
No way! NY does not need any more of those crazy people either.
I will never forget when I was about 10 or 11, I was on vacation with my family in upstate NY in the Lake George area. We were driving down the road and a crazy looking dude on a massive ATV was driving down the road with cutoff jeans, no shirt, long black/grey hair and a face that would make any serial killer look like a teddy bear in comparison. That was at least 15 years ago and I still can't get the image of a psychotic redneck crazy person out of my head.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I will never forget when I was about 10 or 11, I was on vacation with my family in upstate NY in the Lake George area. We were driving down the road and a crazy looking dude on a massive ATV was driving down the road with cutoff jeans, no shirt, long black/grey hair and a face that would make any serial killer look like a teddy bear in comparison. That was at least 15 years ago and I still can't get the image of a psychotic redneck crazy person out of my head.
:rofl:

Yeah, in my opinion small towns in NY are WAYYYYY more scary than small towns in any other state. There are definitely some "interesting" people up in the back woods of the ADKs.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
On the day of the NC gay marriage decision, this guy said he was happy...I asked him "Why? If it is truly the will of the people of NC, good...but unless it was a 100% decision and there are no gays in NC at all, its a bad call." His reply was "Because..." "Because what?" says I innocently. "Just because..." says he...it continues for a couple minutes back and forth, me waiting for a quasi-logical train of reason, which was not to come. He is a right wing "Christian" who cannot admit to being a homophobe who also hates women. My favorite day was when we found out that a co worker completed a sex change over the Spring Break week...his rection was priceless.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
:rofl:

Yeah, in my opinion small towns in NY are WAYYYYY more scary than small towns in any other state. There are definitely some "interesting" people up in the back woods of the ADKs.
I spent a weekend in Corinth, just far enough from Saratoga and over a hill range to make it fairly remote.

It was shocking to a New Yorker. Nothing too crazy, but to think I was only 15 miles from Saratoga Springs, and only 190 miles from NYC.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On the day of the NC gay marriage decision, this guy said he was happy...I asked him "Why? If it is truly the will of the people of NC, good...but unless it was a 100% decision and there are no gays in NC at all, its a bad call." His reply was "Because..." "Because what?" says I innocently. "Just because..." says he...it continues for a couple minutes back and forth, me waiting for a quasi-logical train of reason, which was not to come. He is a right wing "Christian" who cannot admit to being a homophobe who also hates women. My favorite day was when we found out that a co worker completed a sex change over the Spring Break week...his rection was priceless.
you forgot the "e" at the beginning

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Just think of the Chaos that would result if it turned out that Ronald McDonald is gay. Who could possibly eat a Big Mac knowing that the recipe for the Special Sauce is a secret? (Made you throw up a little just thinking about it huh?) The loss of revenue from decreased sales of Big Macs would throw our economy into a tail spin.... All that would be left for us would be the Homo Erotic offerings from Burger King. Who wants a Whopper? As for the King who here doesn't think that the King wasn't involved with the whole Catholic Priest Molestation scandal? Facts don't lie, it's clearly Obama's fault....

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
We should put up a wall or fence around our State.....
My memories of upstate NY are either of quaint houses with people living near some utterly *gorgeous* scenery or an economically depressed wasteland of people stuck with nowhere else to go. Or both, like Plattekill: "So, after you leave Roxbury you go for a little while, then make a left at the abandoned mobile home park across from the derelict house with the 'small engine repair' sign out front....."