Quantcast

Stupid rant.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
So I am driving through my neighborhood on the way back from riding today. Im going 25mph which is the speed limit in my neighborhood. I go down this 100 yard stretch and at the end is a 3 way intersection where theres about 6 kids and 4 moms standing in the middle. The kids are riding in circles on bikes and rollerblading around. So I am approching the intersection and still only going 25 but slowing down because I have to turn. Next thing I know all 4 of the moms are waving me down like im an airplane about to land. I could see they were pissed and just kept going up my street. Pull into my driveway etc..

So I start getting my stuff out of the car and unpacking, out of the corner of my eye I see one of the fat hogs (moms) walking up the street toward me. I continue on and when she gets to my house she goes:

Fat hog mom: " You need to slow down or I will call the police."
Me: "I was going 25mph, the speed limit."
Mom: " I see you everyday flying through the neighborhood, getting on 2 wheels around the turns, and speeding up when you see my kids."
Me: " 2 wheels? I dont think so, your kids shouldn't be playing in the street its not a playground its a mode of transportation."
Mom: "Your awefully arrogent, next tme I see you driving like that I am calling the Police."
Me: "Go ahead, call them right now, I will tell them exactly what I told you. I did nothing wrong, its your own fault if one of your kids gets hit."

Then she just stomps away all pissed off.

Honestly, what is with people today. They seem to think becuase they own a house they own the street aswell.

Dan

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Wow, she just called my house and talked to my mom. Shes going to call the police next time I go by here house like that.

I wouldn't care if the police came...I would be more then happy to tell my side of it...

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Wow, she just called my house and talked to my mom. Shes going to call the police next time I go by here house like that.

I wouldn't care if the police came...I would be more then happy to tell my side of it...
So the cops are going to give you a ticket because of what some douchebad told them? Sounds like its time to do some donuts in her yard.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
So I am driving through my neighborhood on the way back from riding today. Im going 25mph which is the speed limit in my neighborhood. I go down this 100 yard stretch and at the end is a 3 way intersection where theres about 6 kids and 4 moms standing in the middle. The kids are riding in circles on bikes and rollerblading around. So I am approching the intersection and still only going 25 but slowing down because I have to turn. Next thing I know all 4 of the moms are waving me down like im an airplane about to land. I could see they were pissed and just kept going up my street. Pull into my driveway etc..

So I start getting my stuff out of the car and unpacking, out of the corner of my eye I see one of the fat hogs (moms) walking up the street toward me. I continue on and when she gets to my house she goes:

Fat hog mom: " You need to slow down or I will call the police."
Me: "I was going 25mph, the speed limit."
Mom: " I see you everyday flying through the neighborhood, getting on 2 wheels around the turns, and speeding up when you see my kids."
Me: " 2 wheels? I dont think so, your kids shouldn't be playing in the street its not a playground its a mode of transportation."
Mom: "Your awefully arrogent, next tme I see you driving like that I am calling the Police."
Me: "Go ahead, call them right now, I will tell them exactly what I told you. I did nothing wrong, its your own fault if one of your kids gets hit."

Then she just stomps away all pissed off.

Honestly, what is with people today. They seem to think becuase they own a house they own the street aswell.

Dan
You should have blugeoned her with a track pump and roasted her on a spit in the front yard. With an apple in her mouth.

Also, not sure where you live, but I've run across the same kind of situation in NJ.
She can call the cops all she wants, and she can swear out a speeding ticket. If she does, take it to court. Without a way of measuring your speed (I.E. radar or laser) or by pacing you (following you in her own car) her ticket will be tossed.

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
whats crazy man.. i've been livin in germany for a couple yrs, parents over here let their kids run crazy.. Not that i mean that in a bad way, they just dont seem to be as protective as american parents do. kids'll be standing right on the edge of the sidewalk, ridin their lil scooters and ****, just playin and bein kids, and roads get tight over here.. the parents dont seem to give a ****.. maybe if one gets hit they get hit? You'll see a kid runnin up the sidewalk 20' in front of the parents, the parents are just carrying on a conversation, not even paying attn to the kids.. but ive never seen a kid get hit or anything. back home in the states man, that mom or dad would be runnin up the street yellin to the top of his lungs.. TOMMY GET BACK HERE NOW UR GONNA GET HITOMFG!!! just my 2c.

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
DG whys the man always holdin' you back? first the megaphone, and now this... it must be your rediculously good looks.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Drive up and down the street for half a day just to piss her of.
If she comes up to you act like shes not there to the point that she stops you and drags you out of the car, offcourse by that point you make a "tragic fall".
Then sue her ass and split whatever you get out of it with me.

Your welcome.

glivingston5

Chimp
May 9, 2005
you should politely tell her to die, and then explain to her how useless people like herself should have never reproduced in the first place

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
the fact is, is that if you hit a kid its your fault (and any jury will convict someone for running over a kid that was rollerblading in their neighbor hood with your car) and if there are kids in the street youre supposed to slow down. and how can you blame kids for riding their bikes in the street, dont tell me you never did.

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
the fact is, is that if you hit a kid its your fault (and any jury will convict someone for running over a kid that was rollerblading in their neighbor hood with your car) and if there are kids in the street youre supposed to slow down. and how can you blame kids for riding their bikes in the street, dont tell me you never did.
Well that fact was that they saw me coming from a 100 yard stretch. They could have easily told their kids to get to the side of the road but they let them play until I got 10 ft from them and they then acted like I was trying to kill them.

When I was a kid on my bike in the street, I would pull over to the curb when I heard/saw a car. I guess things have changed and streets are playgrounds and cars are secondary.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
im just saying the facts. so what if the kids and/or parents are stupid, it is common sense to slow down when there are kids. even if the parents are retarted because they didnt tell thier kids to get out of the road (and the kids or the parents might not have seen you) you cant blame them for being protective over their kids. Either way retarted parents or not it is smart to slow down when there are kids around. even if it isnt your fault if you hit a kid, a jury WILL convict you when they hear that some body ran over a kid with his car when the kid was playing in his neighbor hood. its just what people will do. and if your gonna argue that by law it isnt your fault, then remember that the law isnt about whats right by the book, its by what 12 people in a room think is right. and most of the time those 12 people will send a guy that ran over a little kid with his car to jail

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
Well that fact was that they saw me coming from a 100 yard stretch. They could have easily told their kids to get to the side of the road but they let them play until I got 10 ft from them and they then acted like I was trying to kill them.

When I was a kid on my bike in the street, I would pull over to the curb when I heard/saw a car. I guess things have changed and streets are playgrounds and cars are secondary.
you're right man.. if its easy to see you and you were that far away, the kids should start movin, what are you supposed to do stop and wait for them to play? Its like people in crosswalks that stop and talk to someone across the street, or take their sweet ass time.. i just wanna hit em.

i-ride

Monkey
May 12, 2006
Frederick
back home in the states man, that mom or dad would be runnin up the street yellin to the top of his lungs.. TOMMY GET BACK HERE NOW UR GONNA GET HITOMFG!!!
....or mom would have Tommy harnessed and leashed with one of those plastic coil thingies.. Lovely bunch, us Americans.

jvp108

king of the road
Mar 21, 2006
filthadelphia
Slow down Fangio, hit one of them kids and you'll end up with a size 9 poop chute.
Yeah I agree. 25 mph is still pretty fast in a neighborhood full of 5 year olds running around. Relax and take a deep breath, the extra ten seconds it takes you to get home won't hurt.

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
**** that.. as long as your paying attn driving thru there 25mph is PLENTY slow enuf to stop if a kid runs out..

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
**** that.. as long as your paying attn driving thru there 25mph is PLENTY slow enuf to stop if a kid runs out..
From personal experience, I'm going to have say you are wrong. Luckily for the kid, I was on a bike and not in car.

Just slow down. What's the big deal?