Quantcast

Stupid wireless network spastic gay computer

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
So I sent my laptop off to the maker last week as one of the hinges had broken and while they had their bony, greasy little computer boffin fingers on it they changed the oil and blacked the tyres for me. Everything got wiped and they did a clean install??? I dunno, but it was like when you first get the bloody thing and give it a kick in the guts.
Now it's an el-cheapo lap top so the lan card is external so i had to re-install all of that stuff (bought a lan card and router set). So anyway I shove the CD Rom in and follow the instructions and it all went smoothly and I was back on the net within minutes. You beauty, no probs there.

Now today I take it to work and attempt to get on the wireless network there. It's an unsecured network so no issues there. I click the search for wireless network button and it finds the right (only) network straight away and when I press the connect button it says it's connecting and then......and then...... and then......nothing, no error message, nothing, just won't connect. I have no idea why.

I borrowed my sister-in-laws laptop and was able to connect no probs both on my home network and at work, but my computer is no go. At home no probs, at work, nada. Any ideas any of you have will be appreciated. Please bear in mind if you dispense advice that the computer is Windows XP Japanese and I'm an idiot. Windows in Japanese is exactly the same as the English version so I should be able to follow any instructions you give.

I'm sure there is more info I should give but I can't remember it just now so I'll edit it in if I remember. Thanks in advance for your help.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Before your laptop got wiped, did you install some sort of software or firmware update to the third-party wireless card? Maybe the software on the CD is too old to connect to your work network and that's the problem.

Either way, start with any updates/upgrades.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I can connect at home no problem it's at work there's a problem. I have checked the makers site for upgrades but will do so again, it's a good suggestion. The router lan card kit was only bought last year so it's not so old.
Cheers Loopie.