Quantcast

Sub $100 upgrades

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
I was just wondering what you thought would be a good parts upgrade for under 100 usd. My bike is a Fairly stock p.1 but with an avid front brake and race face bash ring.

J

JRB

Gears??? Really - tires or bars or post or saddle or grips or stems or tubes or those little firefly things for your tubes :D

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Save it until you break something.
Then you will inevitably spend it on something else whereupon you will immediately break your bike!

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
dirtjumpP.1 said:
ill probably get a set of holy rollers and a top cap with a hollow bolt.
Can get the hollow starnut at your local hardaware store for probibly under $3.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i think the one on my bike is a hex nut though. I really know nothing about this, all i know is i want to still do bar spins, but i want my front brake.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
save for a fork, forget gears... gears are no good on street/DJ bikes, get some Kenda K-Rads, they're PIMP.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
scurban said:
save for a fork, forget gears... gears are no good on street/DJ bikes, get some Kenda K-Rads, they're PIMP.
You like em better than the holy rollers? I gotta pick up some street tires, but I dunno which.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
The Kadvang said:
You like em better than the holy rollers? I gotta pick up some street tires, but I dunno which.
you're going to see a million different recommendations. let me summarize what they will all say:
Holy Rollers
Launches
K-Rads
and 1 person will say "Hookworms are the tits for street."