Quantcast

Subaru badge of ownership - freebie for Subie owners!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I ordered one for my motorcycle using my old WRX's VIN a month ago but haven't received it yet. :D

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
[arfcom sarcasm]
Hey everyone look at me, this is the Nth car Ive owned, OH and look I like to ride a (bike, tree, skis, race flags)
[/arfcom sarcasm]

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
How do you figure?

Trail rated was Jeep's lame marketing campaign to suggest that the wrangler was an off road vehicle (right, wrong or OTHER).

This is ME customizing MY car.

You don't like it TFB. :D
Is it bad I had to google "TFB"?

I just think the whole thing is sort of silly......."customize" your badge by picking from 10 or so common themes/sports......many of which are stereotypical of Subie owners. It's like Mercedes having customizable badges with icons like moneybags, penny loafers, diamonds and the Rolex/Omega symbol.

To me it's sort of comical.

Is it bad I had to google "TFB"?

I just think the whole thing is sort of silly......."customize" your badge by picking from 10 or so common themes/sports......many of which are stereotypical of Subie owners. It's like Mercedes having customizable badges with icons like moneybags, penny loafers, diamonds and the Rolex/Omega symbol.

To me it's sort of comical.
If they had those symbols, I'd put those on too.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
There's a guy at work that drives an Outback. I am grabbing the VIN # during lunch and ordering him a badge with the rainbow and love symbols and putting it on his car without him knowing. He will love it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Say what you will but I'm pretty sure this will catch on. Successful businesses are built on customer loyalty, the fact that Subaru has taken the time to discover whats import to their customers and tailors their product/marketing to meet those needs should not be a surprise. Providing these icons is an inexpensive way to solidify the already strong emotional connection consumers feel towards their product.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Say what you will but I'm pretty sure this will catch on. Successful businesses are built on customer loyalty, the fact that Subaru has taken the time to discover whats import to their customers and tailors their product/marketing to meet those needs should not be a surprise. Providing these icons is an inexpensive way to solidify the already strong emotional connection consumers feel towards their product.
Yep, what's important is Subaru's image and what's important to most Subaru owner's is also image. Pretty sad about what it say's about people.

Unfortunately I am an owner of a Subaru that needed an engine replacement due to a hydraulic timing belt tensioner which is a terrible design, a non-serviceable part, and a planned obsolescence design. Despite alot of effort to get anywhere with Subaru regarding the issue they were nothing but unapologetic and extremely unhelpful. So yea, no more Subaru's for me in the future. Guess I should have known better dealing with auto industry.

I'd implore people to consider not purchasing a Subaru based on my experience, but I'd imagine that would be hard based on the emotional connection.

I'd implore people to consider not purchasing a Subaru based on my experience, but I'd imagine that would be hard based on the emotional connection.
I had a friend who had her second headgasket replacement paid for by Subaru. Granted it was a schitty design and she shouldn't have need a second replacement in the time frame it happened in - but to me, that was GOOD service.

All I'm saying is there are good service stories too.

Sorry you experience sucked Inclag.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yep, what's important is Subaru's image and what's important to most Subaru owner's is also image. Pretty sad about what it say's about people.
Image? :rofl:

My last car (now sold) was a '98 Forester with 175k miles on it, two large dents in the front quarterpanels and one medium sized dent in the back driver's side door, plus a myriad of misc. scratches and some rust spots.

My current car is a '02 Outback wagon, with 165k miles and a few dings, in old-man-style white body/tan interior.

I don't think "image" was foremost in my mind with either of these cars :D

I know, one person doesn't prove that statement wrong - I just thought it was funny. However, you're painting sweeping generalizations that could probably be (also inaccurately) painted across virtually every major car manufacturer. They're cars. People frequently buy them for "image."

It doesn't fix your issue, of course, and that sucks that you had such problems. There are plenty of stories on both sides of the service experiences, though - good and bad.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I got a Volvo medallion when Swedish Pride clicked over 100k. Seems like White Power should have one too.