Quantcast

Subie owners

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
We have a 91 legacy... thing is a total beater. All interior is just falling out, but the thing still runs and burns no oil @ 222 K miles! Its had a engine rebuild once i think. We bought it for 1500 last summer.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
u should just go for the audi a4 or preferably a6

then of course there is always the s8....

sorry i guess i got off subject

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
My Outback is pretty cool in it's utility and comfort, but that's the extent of how much i want to talk about cars.... i'd much rather have a warp transporter.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I've been looking at replacing my 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4WD pick up with either an Outback Sport or a Forrester (which the wife would get and I'd get her Xterra) for better gas mileage.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Andyman_1970 said:
I've been looking at replacing my 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4WD pick up with either an Outback Sport or a Forrester (which the wife would get and I'd get her Xterra) for better gas mileage.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Get the warp transporter, it's even better on gas. :dancing:

njmtbr

Chimp
Apr 12, 2005
South Jersey
hey if any of you subie owners are interested I have the stock radio 6 disc cd player style from my '04 Forester that I am selling. It's brand new I just got my car a few months ago and took it out the day after I got it to put in my other radio with sattalite
If anyone is interested give me an offer and it's yours.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Skookum said:
My Outback is pretty cool in it's utility and comfort, but that's the extent of how much i want to talk about cars.... i'd much rather have a warp transporter.
That's kinda where I'm at with our Outback. Nice car. Great in snow. Other than that - it's a car.

-S.S.-

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hey i got a question.

anybody knows a good forum about the wrx and the wrx-sti "NOT-US version"??? (the 2.0 STI i mean by that)...

and also a question.. how much a complete front fascia (bumper, headlights and stuff, but no mechanical part) used and new runs for a 2003 wrx???
my local subaru dealer wants and arm and a leg for that..

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
GF had a 89 Subaru Justy.....

It would be a POS if my father and I didn't fix it all the time. :mumble: It was a 3cyl and still got like 20mpg. I mean come on WTF? TO make it even worse it was a 2wd car...it wasn't even 4wd/AWD....:(

I hope the new ones are better....this one is what I like to call a "puddle jumper"

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
The Kadvang said:
me want wrx

me too.. so bad..
I just imported an Evo 6 two months ago from japan, and switched it to left hand drive and its sweet.

but i saw a wrecked subaru wrx on ebay that I might bid on.. and am wondering if it would be worth to import it (and maybe selling it here and making a buck, since the new age imprezas run for low-mid 20s here..)
i showed the pics of the auction today to the shop that services my dads AMG and they quoted me tentatively at 2200 bucks plus parts for the body.... but i dunno, the radiator looks kinda messed up...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4542004163&category=31868

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
SkaredShtles said:
Are you a lesbian? :p

-S.S.-
depends on how much money I get for it.
are you filming?

yeah, I know.... Forester Chick=Lesbian.

Well....I'm not (right now)

I could have been ( her name was....)

But it could be a kind of cool pickup line

"Hi, my name's Mud, I drive a Forester, and this is my friend Heather...would you like to go home with us?"

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
stoney98 said:
probably 1-10 cars on the road up here are subies.
If we decide to pull the trigger on a Subie, that will be cool here in Little Rock as they are pretty rare. Since my wife does have short hair (for a woman) we better plaster the back end of that thing with Jesus stickers to keep the lesbians away............... :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stoney98 said:
SF=lesbians
lesbians=Subies (not wrx/sti)
therefor, sf=subies

this is correct, probably 1-10 cars on the road up here are subies. For a small manu, that's ALOT in a condensed area. IT also helps they are awd and it rains all the time (see stick on hill), tahoe is so close, and lesbian's like them.
I spent a week in SF last year and I didn't notice any lesbians. Maybe that means I am one. That, or they were blocked out by all the homeless. In any case, I'll be in SF for another week in October and I'll pay closer attention.

Tashi

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
That website's rad! I may have fixed my binding problem without going to the mechanic already! I love how something completely free (website) can save someone thousands of dollars!

p.s.: ioscope: Of course there's alot of green outbacks on the road. They're a nice car in a nice green (mine's blue, care to make any inferences about my uniqueness?)
Why would you let what other people own influence what you drive?

BillT

Monkey
I have 44k trouble free miles on my WRX wagon and I considering trading it in on either an Outback XT Limited or Legacy GT Limited wagon for the added size (and the bigger engine).

Foresters and Ford F-150's are very popular with lesbians.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Serial Midget said:
You didn't just buy a car, you bought a lifestyle. :thumb:
a lesbian lifestyle..... :sneaky:

dammit DT...got in before me...(actually, I didn't read all the posts, just the first page. someone prolly brought it up earlier..)