Quantcast

submissions for decline magazine (instructions)

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Lately decline has been getting a boatload of emails from photographers and writers regarding submissions...mostly asking questions to see if we want photos or coverage from an event or what rates are etc...

Submission guidelines have been posted on the decline webste and can be found here...if you're a potential contributor, please read them:
www.declinemagazine.com/submissions.htm

if you have the goods, send it in...you don't need to ask if we want it because you probably won't get a response anyways as we're incredibly busy. if your work is sent in and is good, then it will get used. if not, keep trying.

don't mean to be an ass, just want to send this out to make it easier for everyone. feel free to pass this on to other forums that deal w/ stuff like this.

spoons

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
What about press releases? Should they go to the same place? We don't really have photos to submit or an event, per se. We figured that since so many magazines, including Decline covered the closing of Big Bear/Snow Summit, that they may want to cover the building and opening of Mt. Baldy. We just want to make sure that the press release does not get lost in the shuffle of photos and article submissions. Thanks.

I would have PMed you but you seem to have that feature disabled.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DH biker said:
Do you make money if the article/picture gets in?

Who the heck would take the time to submit articles and or photos if they were not being paid for it? That's just dumb.

Why let a publication make money off of your hard work?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
on a similar note, joe's interview this month was put together quite well (sick pics also). i guess ben wasnt lying when he said he could do a good interview.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Transcend said:
Who the heck would take the time to submit articles and or photos if they were not being paid for it? That's just dumb.

Good point; I guess I wasn't really thinking. :eek:

I know sanjay

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
The OC
Transcend said:

Spomer used to work for free cause gordo is german and he ran Litter like a reich. now spomer works for decline, eats funyuns all day and signs autographs while dreaming of a chris van dine barrel roll.