Quantcast

***Sudaerp GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hey @Adventurous - if you're going down route 1, when you get past rockland, hit route 32 down the coast. stop in round pond or new harbor for lobsters at muscongus bay lobsters or shaws, and then check out pemaquid point.

heading out for a ride. it's already stupid nasty out.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Heading up in a bit to a former co-worker’s mountain house. Gathering of our three families up there. Ah, the things one can afford when there are two physicians both working in private practice in one household...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Allergies 100%
Such a nice ride yesterday. Not sure if I'll get out again today. I think Ima walk down for breakfast.
Where did you hit?
68F this morning in the house. Haven't seen temps that pleasant in over a month.
Mid-50's the last few mornings. I think someone over yonder from us had their fire going last night judging by the chimney smoke. A little excessive I thought given mid-70's at the time.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Went to bed at 2AM. Woke up to mid-70s and condensing fog. Was at a trailhead at 7:30AM. First two miles sucked, but hero dirt was had with some good old slippery roots and rocks. Now figuring out breakfast plans.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rode a few more feet than anticipated yesterday, then accidentally went to a hip-hip show. Didn’t get to bed until 2am. Worth it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Both girls today. Talked with Haley a bunch this morning about what sports she wants to do this year. I listed out about a dozen: soccer, run club, gymnastics, ski Devo, BMX, baseball, basketball, swim, etc. She wants three: ski Devo over the winter, BMX and gymnastics during the rest of the year. She really doesn't like team sports apparently.

I laid out the extent of the ski program - missing bday parties if they are the same day, going up no matter what, not skiing with us unless we go up on an off day or second day that week, etc. She was bummed when I explained the bday thing, but no different than if she had soccer games on Saturday really.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Overnight rain made planned ride a death wish so wound up on 20mi ride instead. Eating all the foods.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If ya like jumps and shiz, head to Burke. I think they did a lot of trail work recently and it rained, but this place has next to zero braking bumps, no lift line and more jumps and line options than I can count.

Alas, I do not like or do much in the way of jumps, but still had a blast. Wish the top of the hill was open today.

Scooped up a bunch of black flies into my shirt on J-Bar. That was great. The first wood bridge felt like it was coated in vaseline from the rain yesterday @dan-o .

Oh yeah and the dual slalom track is MINT.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Crankworx Canadian DH on now.
dang klein...DANG BROSNAN!
If ya like jumps and shiz, head to Burke. I think they did a lot of trail work recently and it rained, but this place has next to zero braking bumps, no lift line and more jumps and line options than I can count.

Alas, I do not like or do much in the way of jumps, but still had a blast. Wish the top of the hill was open today.

Scooped up a bunch of black flies into my shirt on J-Bar. That was great. The first wood bridge felt like it was coated in vaseline from the rain yesterday @dan-o .

Oh yeah and the dual slalom track is MINT.
totally agree re: airtime. that's why i love the sketchy rocky back country shit i took you on down here!

ride report: new 36 feels pretty good. fun ride with vinny + mrs. cactus, who crashed like 100' into the trail and kept riding and was diagnosed with a fractured hand when she got home. some shit going on with the car...similar to issue a few years back. towed to shop. if different/bigger issue than previously, mebbe time to look for something else....NOT STONEY'S M.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
dang klein...DANG BROSNAN!

totally agree re: airtime. that's why i love the sketchy rocky back country shit i took you on down here!
Wont ever forget those! That was some great riding. Pisgah area is still at top of my favourite places. Only paired with spots in Quebec.