Quantcast

***Sudaerp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley is working on lifting her front wheel on the 20".

6th coat into stripper on the Giant. This paint is fucking indestructible. If I can't get it all I think I will pull a favor, which I'm trying to avoid, and get it sandblasted by a friend.

About dinner time, so time to talk about Haley's sports this year.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Devo program is on. But she doesn't want anything about it next year and no push to competitive skiing. I'm fine with that, but it will be interesting next year to see what Haley wants to do. Gymnastics for non-ski season and maybe volleyball, but she wants nothing to do with normal group activities.

I wasn't going to point out that if someone has no fear while skiing and gymnastics training, they are a freestyle skier waiting to happen. I did shut down racing BMX and told her we can get enough just from riding mtb. I might direct her secondary summer sport towards Ninja Warrior, which she already wants to do. Doing my best to raise a Colorado kid. :D

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
dang klein...DANG BROSNAN!

totally agree re: airtime. that's why i love the sketchy rocky back country
This.
Burke has some fun trails but I prefer the stuff from top of mountain. Too bad it was closed.

Victory is mildly entertaining. Shitty climb up (there is a flow trail that rides better than fire road but ends 3/4 way up). Worth 1/2 a day.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Last two days are the first days in a few months where it actually felt cool again inside in the day and into the night. 80 degrees outside for 22hrs a day has been heating buildings to crazy temps and no one has AC. Big wind-storm has been blowing for 2 days and although not a lot cooler, saw 80 yesterday, it feels way cooler inside and finally "nice" inside and out. That means winter is coming soon, but after Texas last week, it's a revelation.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Last two days are the first days in a few months where it actually felt cool again inside in the day and into the night. 80 degrees outside for 22hrs a day has been heating buildings to crazy temps and no one has AC. Big wind-storm has been blowing for 2 days and although not a lot cooler, saw 80 yesterday, it feels way cooler inside and finally "nice" inside and out. That means winter is coming soon, but after Texas last week, it's a revelation.
Snowflakes reported yesterday on one of the peaks we can see from our house.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haley is working on lifting her front wheel on the 20".

6th coat into stripper on the Giant. This paint is fucking indestructible. If I can't get it all I think I will pull a favor, which I'm trying to avoid, and get it sandblasted by a friend.

About dinner time, so time to talk about Haley's sports this year.

Angle grinder with a brass wire wheel should take care of the paint without hurting the frame. Wear a face shield.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ahhh, back home from a 12 day vacation in Montana. Everything up there was pretty damn cool, some amazing terrain, hikes, and riding.
But it did reinforce just how damn good that we have it here in the JH area, too.