Quantcast

Sue Everybody!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Kidnapper sues victims who escaped for breach of contract - Boing Boing

Jesse Dimmick is suing Jared and Lindsay Rowley, whom he was convicted of kidnapping, for breach of contract. Dimmick argues that because the two won his trust when he invaded their house at knifepoint (while fleeing a murder charge which led to him driving over a police spike-strip in front of their house), and then left once he fell asleep, they violated their contract to remain his hostages. The couple lulled Dimmick with a clever strategy of watching Robin Williams's Patch Adams with him while eating Cheetos and drinking Dr Pepper.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Still not as bad as the defense employed in the Cheshire Home Invasion trial. Long version short was that it was all the victim's fault that they were followed home by two scum bags.

I'll be the first person to tell you that the judicial system, both criminal and civil, is so out of whack with reality that it just needs to be torn down.

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
Still not as bad as the defense employed in the Cheshire Home Invasion trial. Long version short was that it was all the victim's fault that they were followed home by two scum bags.

I'll be the first person to tell you that the judicial system, both criminal and civil, is so out of whack with reality that it just needs to be torn down.
I was going to ask how/why any lawyer would risk their reputation over something this f'ing stupid... then I read your link :shocked:

epic-jackie-chan-template.png