Quantcast

Sugar Mt. Sat. 14th?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Anyone going up to Sugar this Sat the 14th? I have been planning to go up there this weekend to pre ride the course before the National. Can't make it up there the next weekend, so it will have to be this weekend. Anyone going to be there?

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Went there this past weekend with 6 others. Most of the hill has a big ditch dug in it. Only the line under the lift was rideable without having to push up hill. There was a big rock at the creek gap (a solid 6 footer) that somehow got moved during the day ????? Nothng new but it's still fun. Take plenty of sun screen.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I'm still hoping to go, but it's looking a little iffy since my friends haven't confirmed whether or not they can go.

Where are the cheap places to stay near Sugar?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'll be in the area so I was planning on it...sounds like it's gonna be crowded. Might have to pass since I was just there last week.
crowded? Sugar? Last weekend the parking lot was loaded with cars and all afternoon I crossed paths with 1 group of 3 guys. :greedy:

Clos said:
Went there this past weekend with 6 others. Most of the hill has a big ditch dug in it. Only the line under the lift was rideable without having to push up hill.
TO clarify, what he is saying is everything is rideable. But when you come out of Donovan's Dungeon under the lift, you can't go straight across to the old expert course. You have to go up and around the gigantic ditch to get to the old course...about 10-15 up...no big deal.

Clos said:
There was a big rock at the creek gap (a solid 6 footer) that somehow got moved during the day ????? Nothng new but it's still fun. Take plenty of sun screen.[/
Wasn't me..but was happy to see it gone. Such a fun jump...after all those years of going down the bank, around a tree up a hump and out to flat ground.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Cecil, I thought you were'nt coming to the nat. and doing the time share
thing?
Juan and I may be there for the weekend.
I just talked to Eric at Sugar. He said Juan may come help layout the Dual Slalom course and he was waiting to hear bach from Juan. If so, that is a huge step. What's the final verdict ?

Oh...and to those who don't know. They're trying to bench the off camber in a little better in Lizards Lane and doing a few little tweeks here and there. The only main change from last year is he took out that left side drop near the end on the slope. It got blown out over the winter. He's gonna throw in something there after Lizards Lane though.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
So what's the deal with the rock drop thing at the top. I read where you said the entrance you'd hoped for was cut but is it meant to be rolled still or have they worked out the backside so you can huck it. Seems like the speed you can carry with a straight run up to it = huck or eat ****.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
So what's the deal with the rock drop thing at the top. I read where you said the entrance you'd hoped for was cut but is it meant to be rolled still or have they worked out the backside so you can huck it. Seems like the speed you can carry with a straight run up to it = huck or eat ****.
The hard part of doing that drop was that you were turning 90 degrees to your left and uphill only about 2 feet and were basicly dropping/turning/rear wheel sliding all at once.
I guess we'll know this weekend. I went to hit it Saturday but there wasn't a soul around but me.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
But is the middle "step rock" back in place? To me, even if you made that turn without it you were basically trying to get lucky on an endo roll-in to make it. With a straight shot, I'd think you're guaranteed to halfway fly off it and not be able to get your front wheel to stick to the steps.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Well looks as I will not be coming now. Maybe Sunday now. My mother is in the hospital and will not get out till Sat now. She took my dads med. by mistake. Her heart rate has be around 38 to 44 beats a min sence yesterday. The Doc says the Meds. should clear out of her system by then. We will see.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Well looks as I will not be coming now. Maybe Sunday now. My mother is in the hospital and will not get out till Sat now. She took my dads med. by mistake. Her heart rate has be around 38 to 44 beats a min sence yesterday. The Doc says the Meds. should clear out of her system by then. We will see.
I said a little prayer for her.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Man, sorry to that Cecil, we'll say a little prayer for tonight. Well at least the doctor seems optimistic about the whole thing, so that's good news.