Quantcast

Sugarbush in Warren, VT...

...has put a bunch of money into building downhill trails and a terrain park. This weekend is their opening, and a friend gave me a lift ticket yesterday.

First time I have ever been on a chairlift. I found the first ride down really intimidating, which was exacerbated by my not remembering to lower the seat and by some of the trails being really new, soft and not ridden in.

I pedaled up for the second run to give myself some reset time, and did a little better coming down, and rode the chair for a third, which was enough for me for a first shot.

It's a different sort of riding, for sure and I think I could learn to enjoy it, but on the average I am not likely to travel and pay lift fees on anything like a regular basis.

I do think that Sugarbush is worth checking out for them what likes tow-and-coast.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hmmm, yet another NE ski place opening up to dh biking! Word is Magic Mountain in VT will also opne its doors soon, though they have been doing a lot of earth moving...

What is the Sugarbush Terrain park like?

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Rode there yesterday, tons of potential and a high speed lift!!!!! The berms they cut were decent, rocky and dustym, some real good, some real bad. I think that it will turn into quite a spot for biking though.. Terrain is endless, not to steep and the guys building def know what they're doing.... Check it out.

pedaler845

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
There's a ton of great mtb in the area. The Mad River Valley has multiple epics of GREAT singletrack. One of my all time favorite trails is in Camels Hump SF. This Waitsfield inn is run by a knowledgeable mtb'er:
http://www.wilderfarminn.com/madRiver.htm
Just up the road from Warren.
I notice the local boards for the Mad River Riders is still under spam attack, but you'll see local info and can perhaps find a ride buddy here:
http://forum.madriverriders.com/index.php
Etc...
There's alot more great riding in VT than Kingdom:bonk:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
We need more G2 on the bush. My mom and brother live in Barre and this is easily the closest lift accessed riding. Is this a full on DH mountain, ala Platte or Diablo? Or is it mellower like a Killington or Jiminy?