Quantcast

Sugarloaf Bike Park

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Not Sugarloaf Maine, but New Brunswick. I just got back from three days of shuttling there (the lift was down for inspection). Since I've never heard mention of the place here, I think some of you might want to be aware of it. The park is pretty much new. This will be their 2nd full season and the park is being built out by the guys from Gravity Logic. They do seem to know how to build a trail or two. I'm going to try really hard not to oversell the place here because when I visited, there was sooo much work going on and I didn't get to ride all of the trails one of their signature trails (or at least it will be a signature trail) Supa-Sweet was getting totally redone. I pretty much rode 3 or 4 trails. One of the trails, Sugar Daddy was easily the best jump trail I've ever ridden (though the East Coast isn't really a mecca for jump trails). It must have had hundreds of jumps of all different kinds. Step ups, step downs, tabletops, doubles, and hips leading into big berms, not only that but I of all people could reach the trannies on them. So that was pretty sweet. As an added bonus, you actually can ride the whole trail without pedaling or braking (though if you do try this, you'll be pumping for all you are worth to make it through some flat spots).

The Bike Park is in a Provincial Parc and so there is camping including 8 full RV hookups, and the town is no more than a mile away, with a couple of hotels. The best thing that the park has gong for it is the manager Greg who is willing to just get out of the way and let the Gravity Logic guys do what need s doing and then steps in and does more than needed when they need him. For example, they asked for 2 loads of dirt for the pump track, and he says "how about twenty?". Another thing they have going for them is good dirt it looks like really easy digging.

Downside for me is it's a major hike from Vermont. About 10 hrs if I only stop for gas. OK, it's a major hike from just about anywhere. I'll still be buying a Bromont pass, but I'm going back to Sugarloaf this year at least once (will probably swing by St Anne on the way).

I didn't take many pictures, but there are some here - http://www.sugarloafpark.ca/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110&Itemid=135

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Awesome to hear you had fun there!

Those are basically the local trails(lift accessed) for around here, its kind of a drag having to do the 3hr drive but its well worth it considering lift tickets are only 20$ for an entire days riding. Also I dont know if you talked with the Gravity logic guys, they're currently building a black diamond rated jump trail.

Now I cant wait til the 18th of june until it opens!

Last edited:

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Awesome to hear you had fun there!

Those are basically the local trails(lift accessed) for around here, its kind of a having to do the 3hr drive but its well worth it considering lift tickets are only 20$ for an entire days riding. Also I dont know if you talked with the Gravity logic guys, they're currently building a black diamond rated jump trail.

Now I cant wait til the 18th of june until it opens!

im guessing this is louis?

i wonder if they are remoding supa into the black jump trail as it certainly has potential

also for you ultra gnar technical guys check out the old canada cup course there called L'Acadian, the guy who built it started it right after his GF broke up with him and he was pissed when he built the top section so it startes off with a stepup to a 90 degree turn into a 45 degree slope rockgarden from hell that you cant even brake check for, its wicked skech in the wet

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Here's a video of the new trail Supa-Sweet. There are some links to a few other trail vids too.

Aug 31, 2005
I went there 3 weeks ago. definitely a place to ride if for some reason you decide to go to New-Brunswick.

Mountain is small but trails built by Gravity Logic are really fun, especially the Supa sweet.

Here are a few videos i made with my GoPro/chesty mount