Quantcast

Suggest a simple day hike trail

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
My G-friend and her sister want to go on a walk this weekend. both are not really nature hikers, so major hills are out. (good by Mt. Si..:()

we are in seattle, (West Siiiiiiide) and have cars. I was thinking Tiger Mt. might be OK but they also want the walkt to "end up someplace nice..." so maybe not Tiger.

I really don't know any easy day type walks, so I'm looking to the monkeys for help.

Suggestions? thanks.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Middle Fork Snoqualmie would be the hit. Not any big epic view destinations but a nice river hike with some big trees.

And now that it's open to mountain bikes you can ponder the possibilities of when you return to the saddle.

But yah the rivers is running high, so it's nice. Climb on the big rocks at Dingford Bridge, but don't fall to your doom haha.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Middle Fork Snoqualmie would be the hit. Not any big epic view destinations but a nice river hike with some big trees.

And now that it's open to mountain bikes you can ponder the possibilities of when you return to the saddle.

But yah the rivers is running high, so it's nice. Climb on the big rocks at Dingford Bridge, but don't fall to your doom haha.
I agree. The falls are crazy right now. Just get there early to avoid most of the crowds.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I would bet money that these two ladys wouldn't be able to climb, or enjoy Rattlesnake Ledge. that's a hill and they can't really do hills...

However, they did go to Middle Fork and enjoyed it. Thanks for the Suggestions. :thumb: