Quantcast

Suggest an email app to me!I

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I use gmail at work.

Now, i receive about 120-150 emails a day, and write about 70-80 on average.

Most are the short "OK". "No", "more info please" kinda.
But about half, are specific requirements i write to people about stuff i need to get done within a definite timeframe.
Say 2-hours to 1 week.

Is there any app/email client (Windows preferred and gmail compatible) I can use to check my email, and kinda set up a reminder (preferebly is as few extra steps as possible, like date and time i need an update) whenever i write an email?

I´d be awesome to help me track progess on stuff i need to get done...

Ideas?

I use gmail at work.

Now, i receive about 120-150 emails a day, and write about 70-80 on average.

Most are the short "OK". "No", "more info please" kinda.
But about half, are specific requirements i write to people about stuff i need to get done within a definite timeframe.
Say 2-hours to 1 week.

Is there any app/email client (Windows preferred and gmail compatible) I can use to check my email, and kinda set up a reminder (preferebly is as few extra steps as possible, like date and time i need an update) whenever i write an email?

I´d be awesome to help me track progess on stuff i need to get done...

Ideas?
What you're describing is workflow automation, which will let you do things like trigger reminders for important email you send. If you search for "google workflow" you'll find (probably too much) stuff.

You'll have to do some reading and experimentation to even get started.

I haven't mucked with it, but I know it can be done.

Also, as a starting point, see http://lifehacker.com/workflows-makes-collaborating-on-documents-in-google-do-1603011688.